ePrescribing Solution Weno

@juggernautsei, I went back to chrome and noticed some small diffs between your formdata and mine:

• I have a ‘state’ field for the patient info between ‘city’ and ‘postal’ but you don’t

• Your provider has two IDs, repeated twice, once in the ‘qualifier’ field and again in ‘wenoClinicId’. I have one number, also repeated in the same two fields, but it has a colon on the end, like this: “C36275:” This number comes from our globals->connectors->weno erx clinic id, but it does not have a trailing colon there.

I realized after posting the massage that it came from some test messages prior to production and my have some minor info issue but still a solid model. Again, the qualifier is not important. It is accounted for on the server side. If your browser message conforms to 98% of the message sample.

Then it should go through.

@juggernautsei, tried chrome again, which has an option in devtools to disable cache. It looks like my form data comes from a GET sent here:https://qualityucmi.net/interface/weno/jsonScript.php?getJson=217,350 which returns status 200.

Then it does a POST to https://apa.openmedpractice.com/apa/interface/weno/receivingrx.php? which gives the certificate failure after about 200ms.

If the trailing colon in the facility ID and the expired certificate from openmedpractice.com are not the problem, where should I look next?

Great catch!

updating SSL now. I will inform you once the certificate has been updated.

@QUC

The new certificate is in place now.

Works! Thanks, @juggernautsei!

@QUC Please mark as solved.

Just one final question please: Will the Weno fax facility also work for pharmacies placed outside the USA?

@juggernautsei, And another hopfully final question: Today is our first day using openemr full blast. We are getting a lot of prescriptions which return a transmission successful from weno exchange message, but in contacting the pharmacy, they say they haven’t received anything from us. How can we fix this?

For example, we sent one to a Walgreens and it was filled. We sent one to a Kroger pharmacy and they said they didn’t get it.

@QUC,
I have alerted engineering at Weno of the situation. I will update you here as soon as I get a response.

@juggernautsei, our doc called one of the unresponsive pharmacies, a CVS. She said the guy told her, nobody sends faxes anymore, you have to send by SPI number. She didn’t know what that meant, and neither do I. Maybe these guys are just lazy and don’t look at the fax machines. It was many different pharmacies, both chains and independents, though.

I passed this information on to Weno to see what they can do about it.
Thanks for reporting back.

Here is the answer that I received back @QUC

In the case of Kroger - the fax went thru - sometimes they lose it - and point the finger to others.

When eRxing on WENO for the first time - some pharmacies are kindof shocked…but then get the swing of things.

As of today, we are internally babysitting each for now and discussing things we can do when we see a new pharmacy light up.

I would recommend the EHRs send a general announcement on behalf of their doctors to their local pharmacies about using WENO as their ePrescribing switch. I can draft you a sample letter. This is what Suresh*ts, I mean Surescripts did in the beginning. Can’t help myself.

Tina Goodman
CEO/President
Weno Exchange LLC

1 Like

@QUC

My take away from this and anyone going to use Weno for the first time is to contact the pharmacy first before sending the prescription. This way they are not caught off guard with an unexpected fax from the Weno system which they may not have heard about before the fax.

1 Like

Does Weno allow sending prescriptions for controlled substances? In MA we have to provide stimulant scripts on special paper or send it electronically after some extra registration in the EMR.

hi @juggernautsei, is there a test pharmacy that is available to use? thank you

No there is not test pharmacy available.
Most people have been calling the pharmacy ahead of testing. That way they don’t fill the script.

1 Like

i am having trouble getting it set up can you help me sherwin
thank you

@mohamedm what country, city, state are you located?

Us, Michigan flint
New to open emr