Weno eRx no longer requires registration

Thank you for the information. I will inform the pharmacies. As always, I appreciate your help.

Sherwin, hoping you can help.
I set up Weno with OpenEMR and spoke to Rite Aid about sending a test prescription to see if it works.

But when I click “transmit” I get this: Weno Exchange LLC|2018-12-23|17:28:04.00672Z|||900|Transaction rejected - invalid message
Tried again: Weno Exchange LLC|2018-12-23|17:40:01.68933Z|||900|Transaction rejected - invalid message

Can you help?
Thank you!

The common things that go wrong are

Pharmacy MUST have NCPDPID number
Zip code can ONLY be 5 digits
Pharmacy MUST have fax number
Pharmacy MUST have phone number.

It looks like the pharmacy phone number is missing from your prescription.

is this your pharmacy?

<Pharmacy>
<Identification>
<NCPDPID>1836432</NCPDPID>
</Identification>
<StoreName>RITE AID-408 N. MORGAN</StoreName>
<CommunicationNumbers>
<Communication>
<Number>Missing Phone number here</Number>
<Qualifier>TE</Qualifier>
</Communication>
<Communication>
<Number>2703894556</Number>
<Qualifier>FX</Qualifier>
</Communication>
</CommunicationNumbers>
</Pharmacy>

The fax number wasn’t included, I guess I need to call Rite Aid to ask for their fax.
That isn’t the pharmacy though, NCPDP was 3383471

Still didn’t work.
When submitting got this message:
Weno Exchange LLC|2018-12-25|01:27:20.88730Z|001|Transaction successful||

But when calling the pharmacy they said they didn’t get it.
Can you help?
Thank you.

Sure, I’ll get the this over to research and get back to you with a reply. Can you share with me the Pharmacy and the drug that was ordered so I can find it in our system?

There are often times that because the first transaction is sent via fax. Pharmacies often report the script as they didn’t get it.

The pharmacy was a Rite Aid with NCPDP 3383471
Test prescription was for amoxicillin
Thank you

About how many prescriptions have you sent to this pharmacy?
I have 12 messages that have been sent to this pharmacy NPI. The messages started 12-23-18.

The one for asprin with the patient name of Phil. Wouldn’t make it to the pharmacy because the phone and fax are all zeros

<CommunicationNumbers>
<Communication>
      <Number>0000000000</Number>
     <Qualifier>TE</Qualifier>
</Communication>
<Communication>
     <Number>0000000000</Number>
     <Qualifier>FX</Qualifier>
</Communication>
</CommunicationNumbers>

Please check phone and fax number and try again.

No that is not from me.
About 3 prescriptions were sent/resent. all the same for amoxicillin, and all for the same person as a test prescription. First name begins with M
Last time it was sent was I believe 12/24

Sherwin
I have had 2 pharmacies recently inform me that they cannot accept Weno Rx without my signature on it. Other pharmacies have had no complaints
Is there a setting I need to turn to have my signature show up?
thanks

Which pharmacies told you this?

Currently there is not signature system with Weno.

Also could you ask for a sample signature they are requesting be with the script.

That is real funny as to how are you going to add a signature to an electronic prescription. Sounds like hog wash to me.

Moseley Drugs in Dawson, GA
U-Save it in Albany GA

I spoke to the pharmacist and explained it them just now. He said that it was fine.
Thanks Sherwin. If anyone else brings it up i will let them know.

You are welcome. I got a similar response from Weno.

Weno Response:
" If the drug was controlled they may have that issue.
Otherwise, they should call us or give us their name as the form clearly states it is ePrescribed and the prescriber has signed it using the credentials on his software. electronic signatures are valid for non scheduled anyway…and different from digital signatures."

Just made a new openEMR account, looking into my eprescribe options. Any help from Sherwin or anyone in the community on this error. Weno Exchange LLC|2019-03-23|05:56:19.31929Z|||900|Transaction rejected - invalid message

I have added the NCDP, NPI, phone, fax number of pharmacy but keep getting this error.

It looks like allscripts/grease monkey option is no longer free. I did fond Brava eprescribe which is advertised as free, MDToolbox is about $30 per month for eprescribe. Are there any other reliable and cheap options in case Weno doesn’t work out for me?

thank you to the community

Hi @at2341
If you give me some information I can look up your attempts. What is your NPI. That will be the fastest way to find your message.

Regards,

I think this is your prescription. I matched your time stamp. The pharmacy information needs to be filled out completely. The address is missing and the phone and fax numbers are missing. All this has to be in the system to transmit and be successful.

Thank you

@at2341
Please go into OpenEMR and fill in all the information for your facility.
“facilityfax”:“0000000000”,“facilityphone”:“0000000000”,“facilityname”:“Your Clinic Name Here”,“facilitystreet”:"",“facilitycity”:"",“facilitystate”:"",“facilityzip”:""

You can not send a prescription with the name of your facility being “Your Clinic Name Here”.

thanks for taking time to help Sherwin. I was able to send successfully to Meijer Pharmacy by choosing print option.

Send Complete - Prescription(s) Return Status

Weno Exchange LLC|2019-03-24|19:04:38.95737Z|001|Transaction successful||

However, when I called the pharmacy, they said nothing was recieved. I noticed the print option was active

When I choose, fax option, I get a failure

Send Complete - Prescription(s) Return Status

Weno Exchange LLC|2019-03-24|19:21:35.74929Z|||900|Transaction rejected - invalid message

My NPI is 1538422548
Khawar Chaudhry

Hi Sherwin,

I have rejection results from Weno in the last few days. I attach here the Transaction rejection screen. Would you look into this for me. Thanks.

We just fixed the issue. Please resend.

1 Like