V2.2.0 Fax/SMS Module Released

This release supports v6 with some bug fixes for faxing documents that will be in the first v6 patch.
Repo:

Download:

This release mainly focuses on RingCentral OAuth2 login with a couple new features.

Getting this error while configuring this module:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Class ‘OpenEMR\Modules\FaxSMS\Controllers\AppDispatch’ not found in C:\xampp_7.4\htdocs\oemr7\interface\modules\custom_modules\oe-module-faxsms-2.2.2\setup.php:17 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp_7.4\htdocs\oemr7\interface\modules\custom_modules\oe-module-faxsms-2.2.2\moduleConfig.php(12): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in C:\xampp_7.4\htdocs\oemr7\interface\modules\custom_modules\oe-module-faxsms-2.2.2\setup.php on line 17

NOTE: I’m trying to install this module on OpenEMR 7.0.0

Because server either doesn’t have mod-rewrite installed and running or rewrite is off in PHP ini.
Also the module you are trying to install hasn’t been tested on v7.0.0 and PHP8 and should not have let you install on v7.
So once rewrite is fixed you may run into PHP errors. Also remember that this module mostly relies on a Rest API interface so rewrite is essential.

If you fix please put up PR and I’ll get it in. RC worked pretty well on v6 so I’m hoping will on v7. I just fixed up Twilio SMS and am adding a EtherFAX option with searchable PDF and form recognizer for dataset options on fax disposal.

I plan new a new module release for next openemr release most likely in two weeks.

Is Ring Central working for SMS in v7.0.1 ?

I pulled RingCentral because of the crappy way they do turn ups and support!
I have also received zero support from the community for the module which I have spent many days developing and updating over the last few years. If I had had that support I may have put the effort into keeping and fixing RingCentral.

While this rant is not pointed at you David and I know you have supported OpenEMR over the years, it is instead to remind others reading this that an open source project as large as this one and requiring dedicated maintainers to try to keep up with all the dependencies, certifications, APIs plus offer features along the way also requires that same commitment from the community.

If I get enough support I can put RingCentral back by next patch. I put the time and effort into making SMS Fax module a core module and part of releases. OpenEMR receives no monies or tracks module use. It is simply provided as a benefit to the community.

Sorry David currently no RingCentral support as I pulled in v7.0.0 and offered Ether Fax to replace RingCentral fax. SMS is Twilio and I’m thinking of offering a new SMS/MMS vendor as a another choice to shop pricing.

You may see other reminders on the forum by me reminding OpenEMR users that we need sponsors and monthly donations so we can continue advancing the project and not to forget the support required for this forum