Special Board Meeting To Finish e-CQM's

fsgl wrote on Friday, April 22, 2016:

Users will be thrilled to hear that ZH Healthcare (BlueEHS) has passed f2 & will test e2 on 4/28. A big thank you to Sam & Jacob!

A huge hurdle remaining is the group of e-CQM’s. It’s very important to have a meeting to finally finish this behemouth. Once this leviathan has been vanquished, 2014 CEHRT is almost assured.

I am certain that Directors are here to serve & not to pad their résumés. Can we get a commitment for all Board members to attend a special meeting this Wednesday, April 27th at 6 p.m. PDST?

We really need to put this baby to bed. Remember, gentlemen of the Board, the key word is service, so please make a special effort to attend this Wednesday.

blueehs wrote on Friday, April 22, 2016:

Hi,

For Board meetings is it possible to send out a calendar invite with details?

fsgl wrote on Friday, April 22, 2016:

I’ll ask Brady to do that.

Thanks, Sam.

cmswest wrote on Friday, April 22, 2016:

thanks again fsgl but since article VI section V of the bylaws state that special meetings may be called by or at the request of the exec. dir. or any 2 directors I would be glad to request the above meeting.

Would another director care to lend their support so that we may take care of urgent business?

thank you

visolve1995 wrote on Friday, April 22, 2016:

Hello,

I am not sure, if I do have any teeth here, but if I do, I support the call
for the special meeting. If I am just a fly on the wall, please ignore this
mail :slight_smile:

Regards,
Sena Palanisami

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 8:51 PM, Stephen Waite cmswest@users.sf.net wrote:

thanks again fsgl but since article VI section V of the bylaws state that
special meetings may be called by or at the request of the exec. dir. or
any 2 directors I would be glad to request the above meeting.

Would another director care to lend their support so that we may take care
of urgent business?

thank you

Special Board Meeting To Finish e-CQM’s
https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/oemr_501c3/thread/6861eb04/?limit=25#c7d0

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/oemr_501c3/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

cmswest wrote on Friday, April 22, 2016:

yes, you are a director, thank you, the request for the special meeting is now valid.

Brady, do you mind helping to get the word out?

thank you

robertdown wrote on Friday, April 22, 2016:

I am available for the meeting.

tmccormi wrote on Friday, April 22, 2016:

I’m unclear what this meeting is supposed to be for?

“Put this baby to bed” and finish e-CQMs not a clear agenda item and no board meeting will result in software development. Brady and I have been discussing next steps. Let’s wait for our new Exec post his plan of action before call a meeting that may not be needed to move forward

–Tony

robertovasquez wrote on Saturday, April 23, 2016:

I will attend the meeting
Roberto Vasquez

bradymiller wrote on Saturday, April 23, 2016:

Hi,
You should already have a recurrent one on your calendar for the Board Meetings every second Wednesday of the month(let me know if this is not the case). I’ll also send one for the meeting next week.
-brady

Hi,

To clarify, the meeting is to guarantee funding to Visolve for software development and MU2 certification testing. Since MU2 is time sensitive, wish to avoid waiting 3 weeks before the standard board meeting.

Specifically, this is to complete and certify the the following MU2 items:
a8. Clinical decision support
c1-c3. Clinical quality measures
g2. Automated measure calculation

The specifics on the gap analysis, work involved, and estimate can be found here:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Certification_Stage_II_Meaningful_Use#Estimates

The standard rate is $7000 to complete this and Visolve has offered to do it for a reduced rate of $3900(Visolve is basically donating 50% of the effort). My opinion is that considering the amount of work involved, even $7000 would be a good deal, so the reduced rate of $3900 makes it really a no brainer. Note the full payment will be given after the project is completed(the items are both in the official codebase and certified). Visolve also has experience with MU2 testing and certfication in addition to producing code in the past that is compliant with OpenEMR’s coding standards.

I’ll send out a google calendar event for the meeting next week to the board via email along with a reminder email.

thanks,
-brady

visolve1995 wrote on Saturday, April 23, 2016:

Brady,

If one of the agenda is to discuss about MU2 and the work by ViSolve, I
like to be excused from that
meeting just to avoid conflict of interest.

Thanks,
Sena

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Brady Miller bradymiller@users.sf.net
wrote:

Hi,

To clarify, the meeting is to guarantee funding to Visolve for software
development and MU2 certification testing. Since MU2 is time sensitive,
wish to avoid waiting 3 weeks before the standard board meeting.

Specifically, this is to complete and certify the the following MU2 items:
a8. Clinical decision support
c1-c3. Clinical quality measures
g2. Automated measure calculation

The specifics on the gap analysis, work involved, and estimate can be
found here:

http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Certification_Stage_II_Meaningful_Use#Estimates

The standard rate is $7000 to complete this and Visolve has offered to do
it for a reduced rate of $3900(Visolve is basically donating 50% of the
effort). My opinion is that considering the amount of work involved, even
$7000 would be a good deal, so the reduced rate of $3900 makes it really a
no brainer. Note the full payment will be given after the project is
completed(the items are both in the official codebase and certified).
Visolve also has experience with MU2 testing and certfication in addition
to producing code in the past that is compliant with OpenEMR’s coding
standards.

I’ll send out a google calendar event for the meeting next week to the
board via email along with a reminder email.

thanks,
-brady

Special Board Meeting To Finish e-CQM’s
https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/oemr_501c3/thread/6861eb04/?limit=25#0444

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/oemr_501c3/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

robertdown wrote on Saturday, April 23, 2016:

I think that would be wise, Sena. I appreciate everything you do, including your continued focus on negating any conflicts.

Hi,

Sena just can’t vote. It’s a public meeting, so don’t think he should be banned from the meeting. I’d rather make sure we meet the quorum. Just to clarify, according to the bylaws, a “majority” of the directors needs to make the meeting to make quorum. We have 10 directors. Does majority mean 5 or 6? (I hope this isn’t a stupid question :slight_smile: )

-brady

Ok,

I think I just answered my own question. Appears it is 6 to make a quorum:

-brady

fsgl wrote on Saturday, April 23, 2016:

I, as a user, would very much like to see 2014 CEHRT completed. Come this December we will have been talking about it & not achieving it for 3 whole years. Another Ophthalmologist asked me a few days ago whether he can start using 4.2.1 for MU attestation. I was ashamed to say “no”.

A8, c1-c3 & g2 are the last major hurdle to certification, therefore discussion of the request for funding should include all Board members. Sena is in the unique position of answering any questions that the Directors may have, that Brady cannot answer. It is important that this process be open & transparent, which cannot happen if all questions & concerns are not addressed.

We are grateful to Sena for his offer to recuse himself from the special meeting; but as posted by Brady, recusal can come in the form of not voting on the funding. Sena would perform a greater service with his presence at the special meeting rather than by his absence.

yehster wrote on Saturday, April 23, 2016:

Because the funds are available according to the last financial statements. What objections if any are there to guaranteeing $3900 payment upon certifcation to ViSolve?

Does this work complete all the items required for full certification? (The link Brady shared suggests that it does.)

With the present information available. I would vote yes to the proposal. (Although having a more formal statement of work/propsal would be helpful).

If the likely outcome of a vote is already known, then it can be a very short meeting.

robertdown wrote on Saturday, April 23, 2016:

I like Brady’s suggesstion of just to abstain from the vote but still attend.

visolve1995 wrote on Saturday, April 23, 2016:

I will attend the meeting and it is important to get the MU2 done as it is way over due!
I still dont understand why OpenEMR could not get it done while few other OpenEMR based vendors got MU2 longtime ago including ViSolve clients!

tmccormi wrote on Saturday, April 23, 2016:

I would certainly vote yes to this proposal, I would in fact offer that we pay the full $7000 if Visolve can get OpenEMR certified in 4 Weeks and the $5000 if they can do it in 8 weeks. We have the funds and there is no point in being cheap about this mission critical item.

–Tony