Project - Integrate Telehealth

@brady.miller Hey! Actually, I wanted to know more about this project, like how is it being visualized for GSOC 2021? As a part of the core OpenEMR application or as a separate application?

The current OpenEMR Flutter App already has a Telehealth section, but it still needs some work. So I think branching it out as a separate mobile application and continuing work on it can be a good idea.

hi @amlan.nandy, Thereā€™s a lot of flexibility on this and lots of good different ways to go on this. Incorporating an app (by either using or extending/forking current flutter app) is a good way to good. Note the flutter app needs to be updated to oauth2 to be compatible with most recent version of OpenEMR.

Ah okay. I havenā€™t checked the new version yet. Will do so now. Thanks for the info.

Doing some research I found vsee they have an api but I am waiting to meet with them sometime next week to see how getting access to it works.

Hey all! Iā€™m thrilled to announce that Lifemesh is offering a tightly integrated Telehealth plug-in for OpenEMR. While a mature product, the plugin is NEW and we are looking for pilot users to work with us so that we can obtain your feedback. If you sign-up for our pilot by August 31st, you will get 50 sessions for $1, just use coupon code 1DOLLAR.

$1.00 for 50 Telehealth Sessions!

Lifemesh is pleased to announce a pilot program for those interested in testing a tightly integrated Telehealth plugin for OpenEMR. Through August 31, 2021 you can sign-up here and leverage the latest in Telehealth technology for OpenEMR! You will have access to up to 50 Telehealth sessions for $1*.

How Is Lifemesh Telehealth Different?

• Tight Integration with OpenEMR
  • New: ā€œStart Telehealthā€ button to Launch Session from Appointment
  • High-quality video
  • 3-way and 4-way sessions available
  • Cross-platform mobile and PC experiences
  • Secure session infrastructure
  • OpenEMR direct access plugin

How Do I Get Started?
Click this link, provide your details, activate the plugin, and go! P.S. Donā€™t forget to use coupon code 1DOLLAR :slight_smile:

1 Like

So its $99/mo after that?

Iā€™m wondering if you built this as a zend module, custom module, or using the SMART on FHIR stuff. Since I built much of the custom modules and plugin hooks for module developers as well as the SMART on FHIR pieces, Iā€™m always interested to know how people are using the extension points weā€™ve added to the system. It helps me know what developers find valuable and what they donā€™t.

2 Likes

Hi @adunsulag,
the zend ( Laminas) framework is what we are using to bring in this service. We wanted to pattern our module after the FaxSMS module that you and Jerry worked on. We were hoping to also inspire others to take the module approach to add features to OpenEMR.

Modules are the best way to extend the functionality of a program with minor changes to the code base. OpenEMR is a great package that can be enhanced with module builders. This would add to the rich feature set that OpenEMR already comes out of the box with.

2 Likes

UPDATE: Weā€™ve updated our pricing models to work better with round numbers. This is a good thing: Our prices have decreased by about 12.5% :slight_smile:

Hi, @adunsulag. Our pricing works on a tiered model, so the more sessions you use, the less it costs.
The first tier includes 40 sessions for $99 ($2.48 each) and goes down to $0.75 each.

Iā€™ve included our pricing table here for reference.

QUANTITY PRICE PER UNIT FLAT AMOUNT
For the first 1 to 50 ā€” $99.00
For the next 51 to 100 ā€” $94.00
For the next 101 to 150 ā€” $89.00

ā€¦
With every 50 sessions purchased thereafter, the price is reduced by $5, until the 501st where the price per 50 sessions is $50.00.

1 Like

Hi, All. Here is a demonstration of Telehealth, used in conjunction with LifeBot on OpenEMR.
https://bit.ly/3gzfA3R

Weā€™ve also simplified signing up for the pilot, which you can do on Stripe (50 sessions free):
https://buy.stripe.com/6oE4jY1SZ0K05Lq9AB

I welcome comments and suggestions.

I browsed the web site. regret to say it was disappointing. Is the site/product active as the post here is in Feb 2020. See the screencap below:

Hello, @murugappan.

This page was being used for the pilot period. We are working with @brady.miller @juggernautsei to have this generally available in the next patch, within the next few weeks (@brady.miller would best be able to advise on timing).

Hi @jfischburg,

Thank you for the update. Refering to @brady.miller 's work, are you referring to the integration part or the telehealth component in full?

@murugappan Telehealth has been live as a stand-alone platform for over one year. The new functionality Iā€™m referring to is tightly integrated module within OpenEMR.

1 Like

Hi @jfischburg,

Please provide me the website link to the product. Is the product cloud based or standalone and downloadable? We are very keen on progressing this further.

@murugappan. The URL for the product is here: https://lifemesh.ai/telehealth/

It will be available as a module, and signup and account management features will be available natively within OpenEMR.

Please email our team at solve@lifemesh.ai and we would be happy to discuss this further.

Hi @jfischburg ,

Thank you for the fantastic update. THE thing we are looking for. I browse the site but not much help there - very high level. I will contact your team to discuss further and more details.

Do you have an approximate release date? This will help us plan our implementation and product launch.

@murugappan, We are targeting a patch that will contain the telehealth module by October 1!

Hi @jfischburg, that is fantastic. Will watch for the date. Thank you so much.

Hello, all who have been following this topic. To close the loop: Lifemesh Telehealth is now available in Version 6.0.0 Patch 3. We previously offered a free trial during the pilot period, which ended in August.

But we have heard you and understand that it will be helpful for you to experience firsthand how Lifemesh Telehealth works, in your hands. Thatā€™s why weā€™ve created a coupon that will credit your initial order $99.00.

Please use coupon code LIFEMESH99.

This coupon code may be used by any practice looking to evaluate Lifemesh Telehealth.

Hi @jfischburg

Thank you for the reply. I tried the coupon code on the cart but it keeps saying the "Coupon ā€œlifemesh99ā€ does not exist! ". Advise please.