Project - Integrate Telehealth

So its $99/mo after that?

I’m wondering if you built this as a zend module, custom module, or using the SMART on FHIR stuff. Since I built much of the custom modules and plugin hooks for module developers as well as the SMART on FHIR pieces, I’m always interested to know how people are using the extension points we’ve added to the system. It helps me know what developers find valuable and what they don’t.

2 Likes

Hi @adunsulag,
the zend ( Laminas) framework is what we are using to bring in this service. We wanted to pattern our module after the FaxSMS module that you and Jerry worked on. We were hoping to also inspire others to take the module approach to add features to OpenEMR.

Modules are the best way to extend the functionality of a program with minor changes to the code base. OpenEMR is a great package that can be enhanced with module builders. This would add to the rich feature set that OpenEMR already comes out of the box with.

2 Likes

UPDATE: We’ve updated our pricing models to work better with round numbers. This is a good thing: Our prices have decreased by about 12.5% :slight_smile:

Hi, @adunsulag. Our pricing works on a tiered model, so the more sessions you use, the less it costs.
The first tier includes 40 sessions for $99 ($2.48 each) and goes down to $0.75 each.

I’ve included our pricing table here for reference.

QUANTITY PRICE PER UNIT FLAT AMOUNT
For the first 1 to 50 $99.00
For the next 51 to 100 $94.00
For the next 101 to 150 $89.00

With every 50 sessions purchased thereafter, the price is reduced by $5, until the 501st where the price per 50 sessions is $50.00.

1 Like

Hi, All. Here is a demonstration of Telehealth, used in conjunction with LifeBot on OpenEMR.
https://bit.ly/3gzfA3R

We’ve also simplified signing up for the pilot, which you can do on Stripe (50 sessions free):
https://buy.stripe.com/6oE4jY1SZ0K05Lq9AB

I welcome comments and suggestions.

I browsed the web site. regret to say it was disappointing. Is the site/product active as the post here is in Feb 2020. See the screencap below:

Hello, @murugappan.

This page was being used for the pilot period. We are working with @brady.miller @juggernautsei to have this generally available in the next patch, within the next few weeks (@brady.miller would best be able to advise on timing).

Hi @jfischburg,

Thank you for the update. Refering to @brady.miller 's work, are you referring to the integration part or the telehealth component in full?

@murugappan Telehealth has been live as a stand-alone platform for over one year. The new functionality I’m referring to is tightly integrated module within OpenEMR.

1 Like

Hi @jfischburg,

Please provide me the website link to the product. Is the product cloud based or standalone and downloadable? We are very keen on progressing this further.

@murugappan. The URL for the product is here: https://lifemesh.ai/telehealth/

It will be available as a module, and signup and account management features will be available natively within OpenEMR.

Please email our team at solve@lifemesh.ai and we would be happy to discuss this further.

Hi @jfischburg ,

Thank you for the fantastic update. THE thing we are looking for. I browse the site but not much help there - very high level. I will contact your team to discuss further and more details.

Do you have an approximate release date? This will help us plan our implementation and product launch.

@murugappan, We are targeting a patch that will contain the telehealth module by October 1!

Hi @jfischburg, that is fantastic. Will watch for the date. Thank you so much.

Hello, all who have been following this topic. To close the loop: Lifemesh Telehealth is now available in Version 6.0.0 Patch 3. We previously offered a free trial during the pilot period, which ended in August.

But we have heard you and understand that it will be helpful for you to experience firsthand how Lifemesh Telehealth works, in your hands. That’s why we’ve created a coupon that will credit your initial order $99.00.

Please use coupon code LIFEMESH99.

This coupon code may be used by any practice looking to evaluate Lifemesh Telehealth.

Hi @jfischburg

Thank you for the reply. I tried the coupon code on the cart but it keeps saying the "Coupon “lifemesh99” does not exist! ". Advise please.

@murugappan Did you follow the instructions for the module here https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Modules#Lifemesh_Telehealth_Module?

Are you using the Coupon code LIFEMESH99 (in all caps)?
Will you please provide a print screen of the error, and the URL?

Hi,

Thank you so much for the help. Things worked after the following events:

(1) Initially, after receiving the coupon, I went to the Lifemesh website and tried the subscribe button and it would not accept the coupon. I tried multiple times, 5 i think.

(2) Odd part is, it showing 4 subscriptions in my order(??).

(3) Then after your last reply, i tried to subscribe using the OpenEMR module and this time it was successful. This is what i got:

(4) I was able to enable the module successfully.

Now i have the following questions:

(1) Why am i having 4 pending (I guess one was taken up by the coupon) subscriptions in my order? When i view the cart it is empty. How do i get rid of these items in the order?
(2) When i subscribed using the module, it requested for my credit card info and i provided the details. I notice after subscription it says my next billing is on 2021-11-21.
(3) Does it mean after this date, it will auto renew the subscription using my card information? If it does, the how do i cancel the auto renewal?

Appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Hi @murugappan,

Sorry to hear you had some trouble trying to register for the subscription. I can confirm from our side that you only have one active subscription. The other 4 can be cleared from the cart if they’re still there.

You’re assumption is correct in that you will be billed on a monthly basis after a month has passed since your registration as indicated in the “Billing Cycle Ends” field in your account summary page.

Should you wish to cancel the auto-renew on your subscription, scroll down in the account summary page and you should find a button that will allow you cancel your subscription. Your account status will change to “Not Active”, but you can still use our Telehealth subscription service for the next 30 days.

If you wish to resume your subscription after canceling the auto renew option, you will have the option to do so within the account summary page.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

Have a nice day and enjoy the weekend!

Thanks,
Lifemesh Support

Hi,

Thank you so much for the advise.

Hi OpenEMR,

With the holidays quickly approaching, we want to give the community a holiday special by making it even easier to get started with Telehealth. Our new pricing now starts at $9.99 per month and $1.00 for every session served by our Telehealth service in a billing month.

Why this pricing change?

First, we’re no longer charging by 20-minute blocks. Instead, you’ll be charged on a per-session basis. Whether the session is 20 minutes or 40 minutes long, the cost for that session remains the same to you. This provides you more price transparency to your monthly Telehealth costs by simply forecasting the number of Telehealth sessions you anticipate to schedule each month.

Second, it won’t cost you $99 USD/month just to get started anymore. Now, with a starting price of $9.99 each month, you can take the time to incorporate Telehealth appointments in your scheduling workflows.

The new pricing model is effective immediately, so you can get started today. If you’re not sure how to start, please follow the instructions here in the Wiki:

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Modules

Cheers,
Lifemesh.ai

1 Like