OpenEMR Meetup/Training Session - How to create an OpenEMR Module

This sounds wonderful. Is there any chance we can get good documentation on this? Once I understand this I’d be happy to contribute. I’ve had issues with getting modules to work on my local system.

1 Like

I’ll do a session on the portal template engine where I plan to do further work with a drag and drop builder if of interest.

Meanwhile, I look forward to attending the first meet up and thanks for getting this going Stephen.

3 Likes

Looking forward to attending, whatever dates suits the presenter(s).

1 Like

I would like to attend. I have a preference for November 13th. Is this a Zoom meeting or something similar?
RBL

We will be using the Saturday weekly conference call which is done via zoom.

I would like to attend it. @adunsulag any time information

It will be at 2PM EST / 11 AM PST. The information for joining the call can be found here on our weekly conference call instruction page: OpenEMR Weekly Conference Call Details - OpenEMR Project Wiki

2 Likes

@juggernautsei @growlingflea @sjpadgett @Ralf_Lukner @Hari_Khanal we will do the meetup on November 20th at 2PM EST / 11 AM PST. We will do it on Zoom on the OpenEMR Weekly Conference call.

Sorry @Ralf_Lukner, unfortunately some things came up and for Brady and I the 20th will work out better for us. If you can’t make it we hope to have you on the subsequent month.

2 Likes

No worries. I will try to make it. Thank you so much for doing this. I also have possible ideas for future tutorials such as how to connect your web app to OpenEMR via the REST api and how to write custom forms.
RBL

Oh good. I just saw this. Can we make a recording of it for future developers??

We will be recording the session. We haven’t decided the best way we will distribute those recordings to the broader community but you can PM me or @brady.miller to get access to the recording.

2 Likes

We are starting the training session in 10 minutes. If you with to join us jump on the weekly conference call here: OpenEMR Weekly Conference Call Details - OpenEMR Project Wiki

1 Like

We will post the recorded training video in once we get it back from zoom. The slides for my presentation are here:

2 Likes

Here is the recording for our presentation on modules.

4 Likes

Have created a website page the for OpenEMR Meetup/Training Sessions (youtube links to both the OpenEMR Modules presentation and Event Listeners presentation can be found there):

3 Likes

Hey everyone so I just wanted to mention that tomorrow we will have our next OpenEMR meetup / training session at our regular weekly conference call details. We’ll talk a bit about the portal, answer any outstanding module questions and talk a bit about FHIR for anyone who is interested. We’d love to have you on the call if you are available. Depending on the number of participants we’ll likely go for 20-30 minutes and then open the call up to any questions people have about OpenEMR.

We’ll have a more in-depth training session on FHIR next month (January 8th) where we will cover using the FHIR api, extending the API, and depending on time will get into creating and using SMART apps.

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Running skeleton module on 6.0

For those who are following this topic, we are having our next developer training session this Saturday. We will go through an indepth presentation on FHIR. More details can be found on the the new topic i opened for the FHIR Presentation.

For those who are following this thread, we will have our next Lecture Series Training Sessions on how to customize your OpenEMR installation using Layout Based Forms. Information and registration for the event can be found here:

Hi @adunsulag ,

Are we still having these sessions. As I would be interested to attend any in future.

Regards,
Ayesha