OpenEMR FHIR Developer Presentation Saturday @ 2PM EST

Hey OpenEMR Community,

I know its a bit of a late notice but I wanted to mention that we will have our monthly Developer Presentation on January 8th at 2:00PM EST / 11:00AM PST (during the regular weekly OpenEMR call). Details for joining can be found at the Weekly Conference Call.

We will be going through the goals of FHIR, the overall architecture used in OpenEMR with FHIR, how to register an OAUTH2 client, how to use the API, and we will look at how you can extend the FHIR api.

The session will be recorded and posted on youtube. We hope you can join us, come with questions, and help meet the rest of the OpenEMR developer community.

At the beginning of the session we will give time for new attendees to introduce themselves and talk about their involvement in OpenEMR.

Also, if you have other topics you would like to learn more about or hear in future developer training sessions, please let us know. We will try to do better at announcing these sessions ahead of time.

3 Likes

Hey Everyone, thank you for everyone who attended our presentation on FHIR. We’ll have to do a deeper dive next time with code examples. I’ve included the link to my slide presentation with links and resource information:

2 Likes

thanks for the great presentation @adunsulag !
The video for the presentation can be found at

2 Likes

Here’s another awesome presentation by @adunsulag that covered FHIR bulk data API in OpenEMR

OpenEMR FHIR Lecture Series: Lecture 2 - FHIR Bulk Data in OpenEMR

2 Likes