Open participation Electoral Board, OEMR 2016

aethelwulffe wrote on Monday, January 04, 2016:

We have four current members confirming service, and five prospects. There is also the matter of our treasurer/, the status of whom is something for the prez to remark on.

fsgl wrote on Monday, January 04, 2016:

You can have 2 “seatings”.

11 am to 12 noon PST for Board business & elections.

1 pm to 2 pm PST for non-Board business.

tmccormi wrote on Monday, January 04, 2016:

The normal conference line we use doesn’t have an arbitrary limit to number of attendees. However more that 10 people on the line requires really good meeting disipline …

teryhill wrote on Monday, January 04, 2016:

Hey Art I have thought it over and I am NOT going to throw my hat in the ring, Sounds like you have enough participation.

Terry

aethelwulffe wrote on Tuesday, January 05, 2016:

True Terry, we do have plenty of participation…yeah…ten people can handle everything, right? Uh no, but not everyone needs to be a director. I sure don’t. We do need buttkickers to take part in or run workgroups. There is no need for the people making good decisions or doing real work for and by OEMR to be members of the board. In fact, that is rarely the case in any corporate stucture, even in a non-profit. In our case, the board does need to get to work too.
I’ll just keep you on speed dial…

robertovasquez wrote on Friday, January 08, 2016:

The Bylaws cannot be written in detail, the Rules and Regulations need to be created. That is how we do it in our HOA. To change the Bylaws will be expensive.

tmccormi wrote on Saturday, January 09, 2016:

There are as many different ways to do this as there are organizations… :slight_smile: Deciding how to decide is the first order of business and the hardest.

aethelwulffe wrote on Sunday, January 10, 2016:

Meeting Minutes 2016JAN09
OEMR.org 501©3

Roll Call 19:05 UTC
? Stephen Waite
? Lou Galterio
? Brady Miller

• Ronald Leemhuis
    ? Roberto Vasquez
    ? Robert Down
  • Florence
    ? Jit Chawla
  • Sena Palanisami

• Kevin Yeh

• Art Eaton

• Tony McCormick

• = Incumbent Director
    ? = Self-nominated Director candidate

• = Attending voting Member of OEMR.

Excused Absent: * Shameem, * Greg
Resign Jack, Ron Beardon, Nate Diniro, David Herman, Greg Neuman =>as non-director Treasurer.
(Note: Conference call issues prevented Shameem Hameed from participating.)

Chair introduces current board members;
Nominees introduce themselves.
Motion to vote all director nominees in. -Tony
Second -Art
Approved.

Executive Committee review of by-law summary: Report validates election process and numbers/composition of the board of directors.

Agenda Item #3
General board member committee evaluation of board member and
officer performance and attendance requirements to be included in
bylaws and policies and procedures document draft.
Assigned to committee: Stephen Waite and Robert Down

Agenda Item #5
5. Election of officers. Deferred. No date set. Presume second Saturday of Feb.

Agenda Item #6
6. Schedule ways and means committee meeting.
Partial committee Assigned: Greg, Brady. Ways and Means discussion to be re-convened at later date.

Agenda Item #7. Schedule bylaw, policy and procedure document draft review
meeting. Deferred to preference of Committee members or by Secretary polling members via the forums.

1. MU3 committee formation: Florence, Ronald, Brady. This committee’s charter is to be drafted by Directors and Members and approved before final team assignments

Meeting adjourned. 20:45 UTC

tmccormi wrote on Monday, January 11, 2016:

Thanks to all for attending and being a well behaved group for the purpose of doing formal business. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the support we have long needed to get OEMR 501©(3) on a solid foundation.

Tony
President/Chairman OEMR

robertdown wrote on Monday, January 11, 2016:

To clarify, the MU3 comittee is Roberto Vasquez, not Robert Down.

Noted. Art please amend the minutes for clarity.

–Tony

bradymiller wrote on Monday, January 11, 2016:

To further clarify, MU3 committee is:
Florence, Ronald, Brady.

fsgl wrote on Monday, January 11, 2016:

Please read your respective communications.

fsgl,
Could you contact me directly please. tony -at- mi-squared.com or via phone if you like which is available on our web site www.mi-squared.com under Company->about

robertovasquez wrote on Saturday, January 16, 2016:

Hi Art
Could you please send me the board members Contact info to robertogagliotta@gmail.com
Tks

aethelwulffe wrote on Monday, January 18, 2016:

Amended

aethelwulffe wrote on Monday, January 18, 2016:

Hello Roberto,
I will assume you want on the OEMR ad-hoc mailing list as well. I am working on the address book for OEMR members.
Each board member plese submit the email address you want as your official inter-board contact. Phone numbers are optional (as far as I know), but add that if you wish.

robertovasquez wrote on Wednesday, January 20, 2016:

HI Art
I NEED Tony email to ask him about the next meeting agenda.

robertovasquez wrote on Saturday, January 23, 2016:

Art or Tony
Can you send me to my email robertogagliotta@gmail.com the most recent financial statement?

aethelwulffe wrote on Saturday, January 23, 2016:

Tony has that sort of info, and He was on vacation this week…or so I have heard.