Open EMR - 5.0.2. - Windows or Linux

Is there is a way to make fresh installation of 5.0.2., and transfer patients information’s from old EMR w/o restore all previous settings.

I experienced the same slowdown from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 in windows xampp. I upgraded both xampp and openemr so was not sure which it was. I tried many things suggested for xampp without appreciable improvement so it must relate to the openemr upgrade. I have put in all of Brady’s previous suggestions for speeding up php.ini which help but it is still frustrating. I turned off all logging at one point which didn’t do much either. I have tried it on multiple machines and newer faster machines are better, but again not enough to prevent user frustration. The little spinning circle seems to hover over the clinical reminders section while you wait for the patient chart to load. I did not see a way in globals at least, to turn that off and see if that was where the problem was.

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to give a FYI concerning the performance differences some are experiencing between v5.0.1 and v5.0.2. OpenEMR Administrators are aware of the issue and have been actively seeking a resolution.

Recently Brady and I have been profiling and tweaking our current v5.0.3 under development with very good success. We just brought in a PR that significantly improves performance.
I am currently working to bring some of what we learned in the 5.0.3 endeavor back to v5.0.2 for patch(4).
I’ll need help with testing and will put up a pre patch here once I finish(next day or two).

Note: If running CDR passive and/or active Clinical Reminders then disabling will speed up performance temporarily. ie Globals > CDR.

Thank you, that does seem to help as a temporary solution.

Thank You!
I’m actually ready for test patch 4 in my system.
Just let me know when it’s will be available

Hi @ncavalier
Here is an intermediate patch to test new performance tuning on v5.0.2.
Patch 3 should already be installed then unzip in openemr root.
Please do a backup of your openemr directory first in case of a revert.
Let me know.
502_tuning_prepatch4.zip (189.0 KB)

I just did the installation of patch 4, but actually didn’t changed anything in performance.

After installation its still shoving patch 3

No any changes in performance. Same problem, system takes long time to any action.

As I said this is a testing patch that has what is in patch 4 thus far. I didn’t bump version until official release.
I profiled this patch and shows up to a 50% performance increase on chart loading. That is the only tuning for 5.0.2, chart loading.
I tested on windows however, linux should be even faster. So, I don’t understand what is going on.

I have two installation - 5.0.1. and 5.0.2 with the same data.
5.0.1. is very fast to respond, no any problems at all.
5.0.2. did re-installation many times, much powerful comp., always same problem, very slow respond , mostly when you changed between the patients.
I don’t feel any difference after installation this test patch also.

Something else going on I can’t readily identify. Do you use CDR with a lot of rules?
I really need access to your site so I can see. Is that possible?

Yes we can do it,
We can try to check in my test computer

For now i’d just like to be an admin and look at loading charts and your global setup.
If ya set me up as a temp user and email me login info, i’ll take a look. Don’t forget url.
sjpadgett@gmail.com

Please check your email.

I just checked, and under new user it responding mach faster, maybe its because some provider settings

Actually when you check under Evelyn Cavalier calendar, its slowing again
Just try to click patients from calendar, one by one, and you will see after one patients opening, second patient is slowing down.

This is understandable as I haven’t tuned calendar in 502. I’ll have to look into that.

Do you have Logme in account, to try to login to my account

I have one I think. Haven’t used in long time but, for now, i’m going to look at calendar. My tuning was for opening patients from Patient Picker.

The tuning patch did help performance on my windows system without any new issues so far. Thank you.