Open EMR - 5.0.2. - Windows or Linux

hi @ncavalier, either or

My recommendation is to always have a local server with it being backed up to the cloud. The main reason being that your access to OpenEMR is 100% dependent on Internet access. Outages happen, rarely, but they do happen. In the case of a natural or human caused disaster where medical practices may be overwhelmed with patients, not having access to your EMR could cause unwarranted stress making the situation worse.

1 Like

Could it bet the login name is Admin and password is pass

I have Linux Mint. My EMR version is still 5.0.1(7). This is what I used

Install with Ubuntu

I don’t know if mySQL allows a username: admin password:pass combo. You will need to know the root password to create a database or you will need a user that has root privileges.

Transferred 5.0.1 from Windows to Linux, and very satisfied with easy installation process.
But after upgrade to 5.0.2(3) system very slowdown to respond.
Just purchased the new computer Dell - i5/8gb memory, and reinstalled OpenEMR to new comp.
Same problem. Reinstalled 5.0.1.(6) - very fast system respond, after upgrade to 5.0.2(3) system slowing down, and very slow to respond, and some times needs to wait up to 10-15 sec. to localhost respond. Reinstalled 3 times, and same problem all the time. Installed patch 3, no any changes.

Can you tell us what features you have turned on and what logging levels?
Much changed between 501 and 502. We tuned logging but measures/cdr hasn’t changed much accept I tuned some for patch 4.

I didn’t changed anything, just upgrade to 502 and installed last patch.
501 flying, and after upgrade just slowing down. No any error messages during upgrade and after.

Is this logging level info?

namespace Doctrine\ORM\Cache\Logging;

use Doctrine\ORM\Cache\CollectionCacheKey;
use Doctrine\ORM\Cache\EntityCacheKey;
use Doctrine\ORM\Cache\QueryCacheKey;

/**

This is memory caching I believe.
I’m setting up to profile the two versions. If any thing 502 should be faster in many respects like logging.
I haven’t seen to many complaints on performance between 501 and 502 but, i’m going to try and answer this via profiling app.

We have two OpenEMR systems in our office for two doctors.
First we started in 2012, and the second in 2017.
First EMR have almost 4000 patients, and second around 1400.
The second EMR system which was launched later, was started on OpenEMR 5.0.0, had all upgrades till 5.0.2(3), and works grate on 5.0.2., no any problems, fast respond.
But the first one, which we using for 8 years, was started on OpenEMR versions 4.1.0, and had all upgrades till 5.0.1. on Windows platform. It was transferred to Linux MINT platform, and works perfect on version 501. But have a problem on 502.

Is there is any settings in php to resolve this problem.

I’m onto a potential explanation for difference. Our logging has definitely improved but, just be sure to not have select queries logging enabled in Globals->Logging.

I’ll know more soon on some possible tuning.

My logging settings screenshot

This looks okay.

May help to go through and check/cleanup your session tmp dir and/or server tmp directories.

There is no any files in tmp directories

Can you check /var/lib/php/session and check for large number of abandoned sessions?
Ya can find php path with command which php

There is only one file in sessions. And I can’t open it

Update. I’m making headway on tuning 5.0.2 and 5.0.3 so be patient.