Its been a month since I have started using openemr. But not yet comfortable with the flow. Please guide me with a scenario described below.
Consider a scenario where there is one Receptionist, a Nurse and a Physician.
- The receptionist creates an appointment with status. Arrived status creates an encounter
- Nurse Open the encounter and adds vitals
- The Nurse guides the Patient to the Provider who is a Urologist (In real world, no one addresses a person Physician or Provider. We all call him a Doctor). I was indeed ridiculed by a doctor during a demo.
- The provider then logs an observation note or a Clinical Note.
- Provider wants to suggest an Xray and a Urine Routine. Usually he will have two options. First, leave a note to the Nurse asking her to give a summary report suggesting a lab test. On receving the note the nurse creates a procedure order for Urine routing/xray. Two, the doctorhimself creates a procedure order for the lab tests. I am a Little consfused here. Do we have a different efficient path or flow here?. I see the doctor scrambling to find options to order the procedure.
- Consider these Lab tests were done and the results were entered by the Nurse in to the Procedure-Pending Review Screen. We dont see any indication a lab test has been suggested or reports received. Am I missing the flow of enabling any alert which will let the nurse know that a procedure has been suggested for this Patient or a result is available for this patient?
- Once the Doctor enters a few Clinical notes and other items in the encounter, He is just totally lost as to which date, where what was suggested from the encounter. It has a very different sort order. Usually it has to be in the chronological order. Am I missing something here too?
- I have to pass through multiple tabs and auto refreshes to prescribe a medicine and the output does not please the mind. I have done some customization here thats agreeable.
Can someone who has used the system for a considerable amount of time give a good direction on how to be a bit more efficient with the System.