I entered a ‘Primary Dr Johnston” phrase in the first User Defined Field for the patient ‘Bedford, Phil’. Then I tried to find it using the way you suggested. It is in today’s demo so you can replicate what I did.
First of all in real life I usually don’t remember what particular field I used and for what. In case of the old ‘Any’ search it doesn’t really matter. I just need to know what I am looking for. For the Patients/Clients->New/Search I will have to memorize the field.
Then if I enter a part of a phrase, say just the doctor’s name, program does not retrieve anything. The ‘Any’ search can find a patient using just a partial key.
In case when a complete phrase is entered the result is weird. If I am keying it in letter by letter I get the entire patient’s list on the screen as a result. Only when I copy and paste the exact phrase I get just the sought-for patient’s data in the modal window.
Btw, in IE11 this modal window hangs the system after that. I had to use Ctrl-F4 to close and exit. Firefox was OK.
In other words it looks like the old ‘Find:Any” function works differently and is much more efficient and convenient.