Mental Health Forms

jboyd13 wrote on Friday, January 20, 2017:

@Sherwin, can I contact you outside of the forum? You’re working with one of my classmates and I have some questions for you.

Thanks,

Joyce

jboyd13 wrote on Friday, January 20, 2017:

@Sherwin, can I contact you outside of the forum? You’re working with one of my classmates and I have some questions for you.

Thanks,

Joyce

jboyd13 wrote on Thursday, January 26, 2017:

Hi Harley,

I just wanted reach out to see how things were going. I’m getting some help and didn’t want to miss any work you’re doing. Or have them work and you’re almost done

Thanks,
Joyce

Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 11:07:11 PM
To: [openemr:discussion]
Subject: [openemr:discussion] Re: Mental Health Forms

yes thanks that would be helpful.

• HT

Mental Health Formshttps://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/202504/thread/0db2469f/?limit=25#1e86/61f1

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/202504/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

juggernautsei wrote on Tuesday, January 31, 2017:

Thanks Harley,

I just sent the javascript to Joyce to try out. The javascript adds up the totals and sets the serverity in the browser before saving. If the user goes back and changes any one of the entries, a new total will be calculated.

I have it working here http://omp.openmedpractice.com/rolebase. admin pass

htuckjr wrote on Thursday, February 02, 2017:

Hi Sherwin-
Glad to see you’re doing it in Javascript- I don’t think a sql solution would have truly met their needs.

• HT

jboyd13 wrote on Tuesday, February 07, 2017:

Hello everyone,

I tried to attach the screen shot and post it. But it did not work. So, I’m trying again. This is the final PHQ9 I developed with help from Sherwin. It will display the Total Score, update the Severity, and the answer to whether the Provider or Referral is needed, when the user clicks/selects the Total Score text box. If you do not answer all of the questions and any remain unassigned the Total Score will be incorrect and may even be negative. The plugin file is attached as well that has the code with the functionality. You can still change the answers manually if you want but any time you click the Total Score textbox the fields will update based on the 9 selected answers.

I hope it helps someone.

Joyce

jboyd13 wrote on Wednesday, February 08, 2017:

just in case you didn’t know… LBFPHQ9.plugin.php has to be saved into the …/openemr/sites/default/LBF folder. Do not change the name otherwise the system won’t use it.

All feedback is appreciated. This is for my DNP project.

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, February 08, 2017:

Hi,

Very cool to see the power of customized LBF forms. We should store these forms somewhere so other users can expand and use them(this format of a plugin php, sql code, and screenshot is nice). My advice to make the form more use friendly would be to run the calculation whenever select an item on 1 of the selectors (and place code in the algorithm to only give a total score when all the items have been completed; and not allow editing of the total score, severity, and Refer entries since these should be automated values when the score gets calculated).

-brady
OpenEMR

mh-olsen wrote on Friday, February 10, 2017:

Hi Sherwin,

I am further into my project and although I have disabled auto creation of a new encounter, I still must create an encounter to enter in new information for a form (PHQ-9). Is there any way around this?

Thanks,
Marisa

jboyd13 wrote on Saturday, February 11, 2017:

Hi

Thanks for the compliment and feedback. Sherwin provided the plugin and let me add to it. He is a great resource and teacher. I’m very grateful for his help and everyone’s support and assistance as well.

I’m demo’g the customized interface to my professors next Friday and have a few forms and features to create and customize. Wish me luck!

Thanks again,
Joyce

jboyd13 wrote on Monday, February 13, 2017:

Hi all,

Sherwin helped me fix the issues with the plugin. It no longer produces negative numbers when the Total Score field populates and it displays all values even 0 on the Enc Summary. It has to wait till all values are entered before totalling the score. If you use the LBF read only option, it will not populate the fields at all. Is there another way to not allow editing of the Total Score, Severity, and Refer fields?

Thanks,

Joyce

jboyd13 wrote on Monday, February 13, 2017:

Here is the new sql and screenshot.

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, February 15, 2017:

Hi,

Javascript should be able to modify the readonly fields:

The current javascript gets enabled when click on the #form_total_score element. Perhaps disabling it breaks the click listener??? Feel free to post what the js looked like when tried to make the fields readonly.

-brady
OpenEMR

Hello,

We would really like to be able to use this PHQ-9 form in addition to adapting its functionality for developing a GAD-7 form. Will it run on 4.2.0? If so, where can we find this code and how to implement it?

Regards,
David

Hi @hitechelp ,

We have the most recent version of this form by @jboyd13 (and some other of Dr. Boyd’s forms) here:

-brady

Hi Brady,
After looking over Dr. Boyd’s files I’m still not sure how to get them into our system.
Looks like the .sql files are called by some file that isn’t present in the commit,
I’m a novice programmer, but I can usually make sense of what’s going on but, not here,
So, I surmise that I’m either missing a piece of the puzzle or overlooking something.
Is there a “how to” for this? if not, are these forms included in v5.1?
And if not included in 5.1, will they work on Ubuntu 14.4 and Oemr 4.2.0?
TIA -David

Hi @hitechelp ,

Guessing that the biggest issue here will be 4.2.0 (this release was 3 years ago) since there have been significant changes in the layouts based form engine since then. Can see documentation by looking through the pages in the “Layout Based Visit Forms.” section in the user manual docs here: http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Wiki_Home_Page#Supplementary

Layout based forms primarily are in the database, which explains the mysql stuff. They also allow use of a template form (the *.plugin.php stuff) to allow even more customizability (for example, to incorporate javascript stuff).

Because they live in the database, it has been tough to include these types of forms out of the box, like the other forms. Hopefully we’ll have some sort of mechanism in the future to allow this.

-brady

How to I use this PHQ9 form"

I have uploaded the LBFPHQ9.plugin.php to the appropriate directory but how do I access it from the ehr

thank you

Me, too… And reading from an old post, there was a openemr_PHQ9_02_06_17.sql that was supposed to be downloaded. What do we do with that?

I am using OpenEMR 5.0.1 v3. Reading on, BradyMiller Github, I noticed he had it in his openemr/sql folder. Is the next step is to load the LBFPHQ9.plugin.php into the EMR?