Mental Health Forms

jimbo456 wrote on Thursday, September 29, 2005:

I have been tasked to create some mental health forms. Please post here for any input to the design.

Jim

kbhbeck wrote on Saturday, August 17, 2013:

Since this topic is about 7 years old, is this still something under development?

redstapler wrote on Saturday, August 17, 2013:

We are working on custom forms for PHQ9 to meet the requirements for state mandated quality reporting. What specifically are you looking for?

mh-olsen wrote on Thursday, October 20, 2016:

I am trying to get information from the PHQ-9 into open EMR. What category does that fall under? Is it mandatory to make a new encounter every time I want to record a PHQ-9 composite score?

juggernautsei wrote on Thursday, October 20, 2016:

It is not manditory to make a new encounter however, the program is encounter centric. So an encounter will have to be used to do the billing. How many encounters is up to you. You can turn off the feature to auto create encounter on check and manually make your encounters as you see necessary.

juggernautsei wrote on Thursday, October 20, 2016:

Are you looking to create something like this?

mh-olsen wrote on Friday, October 21, 2016:

I am actually sending PHQ-9 scores from a mobile device to the cloud, then to OpenEMR. I am not worried about billing at this point, so that is good to know I don’t have to have an encounter each time I upload information. Thank you!

jboyd13 wrote on Friday, October 28, 2016:

Hi Sherwin,

I would like to create a PHQ-9 questionnaire similar to what you offered in your 10/20/2016 post. I’m customizing OpenEMR for use at a safety-net clinic for uninsured patients run by faculty and students. I’m a nursing student working on my Doctorate and this is my project. I’m pretty sure I can make a form with the questions and the drop downs using LBF. I would need help with calculating the score. I don’t know how to do that in OpenEMR.

Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joyce

mdsupport wrote on Friday, October 28, 2016:

LBFs don’t have any computational abilities. However, you can use a plugin to do some computations. Other option will be to write a quick database trigger and perform the calculations as the information gets recorded in database. Both options will require minor developer skills.

jboyd13 wrote on Friday, October 28, 2016:

MD Support,

Thank you. I will look into how to do that.

Regards,
Joyce

juggernautsei wrote on Monday, January 02, 2017:

Where you able to get the calculations done?

jboyd13 wrote on Friday, January 13, 2017:

@Sherwin, no I’m sorry I have not yet. I’m trying to develop some skills. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any luck.

I did create a couple of forms tho PHQ4 and PHQ9.

harleytuck wrote on Friday, January 13, 2017:

Hello Joyce-

Harley Tuck here. I’ve been following your posts about this and am interested in helping.

I’ve looked at the website Sherwin posted with that PHQ9 questionnaire and if their scoring scheme is what you’d want, I have adequate OpenEMR/ database skills to write the queries MD Support refers to. However, I’d need some more info from you re: your forms.

Would you be able to post screenshots of the layout screen of the PHQ9 form you made? Per the screenshot, I’m looking for the form name and all the fields’ contents.

Regards- HT

Hi Harley,

Here are the screenshots. It will not let me post more than attachment at a time.

Thanks,
Joyce

Here is the middle part.

And the last part

I have something similar for PHQ4. Here is a view of the PHQ9 form produced. Do you need the SQL as well?

Here are the PHQ4 LBF screenshots

This is PHQ4 subscale group

harleytuck wrote on Sunday, January 15, 2017:

yes thanks that would be helpful.

• HT