Meet the Community and Introduce Yourself

@brady.miller Thankyou for the suggestions. I’m working on those and will share the proposal soon.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am Abdul from Nigeria, i am a Registered Nurse and web developer. Though i found out about the summer code lately i still managed to draft a proposal. i am very passionate about the telehealth project because i have been working with telemedicine applications and devices for a while now.
sorry for my late intro. nice to meet everyone

3 Likes

hi @Laamiido Welcome and it’s never late to get started. Do refer @brady.miller posts above and waiting for your valuable contributions. :blush:

2 Likes

Hello All,

It’s nice place and so many good people and getting very prompt responses. I’m full time Web Developer in PHP,JQuery,E Commerce, API Integration and worked on few opensource project.

My recent project MD Code Lookup

Very interested contribute to OpenemrEMR.

Thankyou

3 Likes

I’d like to talk to someone about possibly giving a presentation to my organization, CASProviders.org.

Please contact me at tree@casproviders.org

Hi sir my name is himanshu i am preparing for gsoc 2021 can you give me any advise for next year GSOC

sir i am preapring for GSOC 2021 does we have to contribute into that project only in which is going to be a part of GSOC 2020 or we can contribute in any project of OpenEMR

Hi @Himanshu and welcome to the OpenEMR project!

Regarding advice, @im-Amitto (GSoC 2020 student on the OpenEMR project), left a nice post on linkedin regarding this:
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6709219388488265728/

If interested in learning how to contribute to OpenEMR project, check out here:
openemr/CONTRIBUTING.md at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub

Regarding projects for future GSoC, a lot can happen over the next 6 months, but nothing will be off limits (ie. the sky is the limit :slight_smile: ).

thanks!
-brady

1 Like

Feel free to hit me up on Linkedin if you have any urgent questions that I can help with or just drop a question here and get a wide number of solutions to that.

1 Like

How can I contact you, I have a project to install openEMR but I can do it alone I need someone to install it for me

Hello,

I am Lasal and I am interested in participating for the 2021 GSoC. I have skills in React, JS, HTML, Python, and PHP. I am eager to contribute to this project.

Can some give me some pointers on how to start contributing

Regards,

Lasal Jayawardena

1 Like

hi @lasal_Jaywardena and welcome to the OpenEMR project!

Recommend checking out here to learn how to contribute:
openemr/CONTRIBUTING.md at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub

And once get a development environment going, then recommend looking on github for an issue or two to work on:
Finding issues · Issue #2975 · openemr/openemr · GitHub
(and if you have a specific technology or subject you want to work on, just let us know)

thanks!
-brady

@brady.miller Hey! I was wondering if OpenEMR is applying for this year’s GSOC? Some organisations are already preparing their project ideas and if OpenEMR’s doing the same then I was wondering if ideas/suggestions from aspiring students are welcome ? :slight_smile:

Hi @amlan.nandy !

OpenEMR plans to apply for GSOC this year. I updated the project ideas page here :

This is preliminary and definitely feel free to submit ideas/suggestions .

thanks!
-brady

1 Like

Okay awesome. Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I and Dhruv and I am aspiring to participate in GSOC 2021. I would like to explore the world of healthcare and dive deep into it. I have worked with javascript and nodeJS. I am also familiar with reactjs, python, java and C++. I am open to learning new technologies and contribute with the same.

Looking forward to a great journey. :slight_smile:

Regards
Dhruv Doshi

1 Like

Hi @Doshi, @amlan.nandy, and @lasal_Jaywardena

Glad to hear you’re interested in GSoC 2021.

There’s some draft onboarding documentation here that can help get you plugged into the OpenEMR community here

You can check out the OpenEMR youtube channel for tips on deploying a development version of OpenEMR inside an Ubuntu Virtual machine.

1 Like

Hi, I am Apoorva Agarwal and I am willing to participate in Gsoc’21. I am new to open source community and found this project very interesting. Can someone guide me on how to get started? I am familiar with php,MySQL,html5 and css.
Thanks!

hi @Apoorva_Agarwal ,

Welcome to OpenEMR! Check out @RachelEllison 's post above for onboarding documentation. The projects page (still a work in progress) can be found here: https://www.open-emr.org/summer-of-code/

And always feel free to ask questions.

-brady

Hi everyone,
Welcome to OpenEMR!, I participated in GSoC’20 and it was a great experience for me. I can’t participate in this one as I am not a student anymore so I am willing to help anyone who is planning to. I have worked on the core application as well as the mobile app so feel free to ask me anything you can’t understand.

I think a good start is to check last year posts and just go for your first PR without worrying anything and you will learn automatically through feedback loop.

Hi @brady.miller, I was pretty busy with a lot of stuff last few months so wasn’t active here or on Github but everything is pretty stable now. Let me know if you have anything for me in your basket.

-Amit

3 Likes