Meet the Community and Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the OpenEMR project!

If you’re interested in applying for GSoC 2020 then here’s a good place to introduce yourself to the OpenEMR community and ask questions.

2 Likes

Dear Mentors,

Hi! I am Akhil from India. I am an undergraduate pursuing my degree in Computer Science.

I have experience with Web Development - PHP, Javascript and would love to be a part of GSOC 2020.

I am interested in knowing more about the FHIR Integration project. Kindly let me know about the same.

5 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Aditya Tomar from India and I am currently in my second year of graduation. Skills I aquire are of mainly web development domain like MERN, PHP, Nodejs. I have seen the project list and I am interested in support MAR project.
5 Likes

Hello My name is Ndubuisi Onyemenam, and I am interested in Standardized patients data project, I have been contributing to openemr since 2018 and I would really love an opportunity to get direct mentorship from the awesome Engineers in this organization through GSoC!

4 Likes

Hello everyone, My name is Cheenu soni. I am an Android developer with 2 years of experience in it. I am also experienced in Golang. I would love to start contributing to open source community, and there is probably no better opportunity than GSOC.
I was looking to create an android app for OpenEMR. Please let me know if I can work on it. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi @akhil.12345 , @adad20 , @prondubuisi , @NullByte !

The OpenEMR community is super excited to participate in the GSoC and welcome to the OpenEMR project!

If you are interested in an idea on the list, then recommend starting a discussion on the related forum thread. If you are interested in a custom project, then recommend creating a forum thread for it (for example, “GSoC Project: Android app” (or something like that).

A common ground of most (except for the MAR project) of the interest so far is OpenEMR’s API, so I’d recommend setting up a local OpenEMR development/testing environment and playing around with the API a bit (openemr/API_README.md at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub). If trying to work out a local OpenEMR development/testing environment, some developers use the following environment:
openemr/CONTRIBUTING.md at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub

Would also suggest participating on OpenEMR’s github repo and working on a simple mini-project (such as a simple bug fix or simple feature) to interact with the OpenEMR developers and learn how PR’s and code reviews work. Please don’t worry about how nicely your code looks or if it works or anything like that; the community values passion more than skills since we are confident your skills will improve.

thanks!
-brady

6 Likes

btw, I should also introduce myself.
I’m a physician by day in the US and have been spending most of my spare time volunteering on OpenEMR since 2006 :smile:
I’m looking very forward to functioning as one of the mentors for GSoC.

5 Likes

Hello All! I’m Cliff from Taiwan, a second-year computer science student.
I familiar with Front-end and have a little bit backend and container experience, Recently I through my friend to got to know a lot of medical systems, OpenEMR is one of them, I hope I can throughout this opportunity contribute to OpenEMR and improve the world to better.

4 Likes

hi @stu01509, welcome!

i’m stephen waite from vermont, usa

been involved with the project since 2012 when found it useful for my business and have a passion for helping people on the forum get it up and running! will be mentoring GSoC 2020 as well :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Hello my name is Julie. I’m from the USA but live in the Netherlands. I have some experience in android, Java and web development. I have helped a friend customize OpenEMR for Netherlands and the netherlands dentistry billing system. I’m not 100% on which project I want to work on. The pdf project sounds fun. So does the refactoring to OOP.

6 Likes

Hello Eveyone,
My name is Aman kumar a sophomore from India,willing to contribute in open emr for Gsoc 2020,it will be a lot of fun and thinking to get to learn a lot from the Mentors

Thank You

5 Likes

Dear Mentors,

Hi! I am Amit Meena from India. I am currently pursuing B.Tech in CSE major at Indian Institute of Technology Indore.

Skills

• Programming: Bash, C, C++, CSS, HTML5, Go, JavaScript, PHP, Python, Ruby, Rust, SQL, TypeScript, Python
  • Packages/Software: Flutter, Ionic, Leaflet, Markdown, MEAN/MERN Stack, MySQL, MongoDB, Rails, React Native, Selenium Webdriver, Socket.io
  • Other: AWS, Docusaurus, Google API’s, NFS, Preliminary knowledge of C, Go, TensorFlow, OpenCV, Web Audio API

I heard about OpenEMR last year while looking for medical systems out of curiosity and would love to contribute to it.

Thanks

4 Likes

hi @Julie_b , @coderbabu10 , and @im-Amitto and welcome to the OpenEMR project!

If you are interested in an idea on the list, then recommend starting a discussion on the related forum thread. If you are interested in a custom project, then recommend creating a forum thread for it.

Would also suggest participating on OpenEMR’s github repo and working on a simple mini-project (such as a simple bug fix or simple feature) to interact with the OpenEMR developers and learn how PR’s and code reviews work. Please don’t worry about how nicely your code looks or if it works or anything like that; the community values passion more than skills since we are confident your skills will improve. And most of all, have fun!

thanks!
-brady

Hello! My name is Yorgos (or George in English) and I am from Greece. I study Computer Science in Greece, but I live in Czech Republic to study for a semester. I have some experience in web development using html, css, javascript,php and MySQL. Also, some experience in C and Java. Hope to work together!

4 Likes

Introducing myself as well. I am a registered nurse and have been working on OpenEMR for many years initially as a developer and now as a project admin and subject matter expert. Looking forward to participating as one of the mentors this year :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Asha from Sri Lanka I’m a third year undergraduate at University of Moratuwa. I have worked as an intern in two organizations and i was selected as one of the top contributor in GSSOC. Hope to make a remarkable contribution in OpenEMR
Thank you!

4 Likes

Hi Forum
I m from Ecuador - South America & I have being involve in openEmr development since 2012. Looking forward tO participate in GSOC as a mentor.

3 Likes