Meet the Community and Introduce Yourself

hi @stephenjude and @deepanshsachdeva and welcome to the OpenEMR project!

Ensure you check out this post for some details:
OpenEMR is participating in Google Summer of Code 2020!

If you are interested in an idea on the list, then recommend starting a discussion on the related forum thread. If you are interested in a custom project, then recommend creating a forum thread for it.

@deepanshsachdeva , the OpenEMR community is pretty much both docker and cloud crazy (in a good way). @jesdynf is one of the GSoC mentors and basically built all of OpenEMR’s cloud offerings:

Would also suggest participating on OpenEMR’s github repo and working on a simple mini-project (such as a simple bug fix or simple feature) to interact with the OpenEMR developers and learn how PR’s and code reviews work. Please don’t worry about how nicely your code looks or if it works or anything like that; the community values passion more than skills since we are confident your skills will improve. And most of all, have fun!

thanks!
-brady

Greetings, My name is Simon from Kenya, am interested in contributing to OPENEMR. Am a Developer.

I have programming skills in both Front End and Backend.

Am very keen on Hospital Systems

3 Likes

hi @Simon and welcome to the OpenEMR project!

Check out my post above for some starting points.

If you are interested in inpatient Hospital Systems, then check out this thread for other potential projects in OpenEMR to think about: Inpatient: The Plan

Thanks!
-brady

Hello Folks,
My name is Yash Bothra. I am Under Graduate Computer science student from India. I have a good amount of experince in web devlopment and my core stack was PHP,Sql,Javascript. I am trying to get started to contribute in OpenEMR and willing to participate in GSOC 2020.

Thanks😊

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I am Sk Shahnawaz from India. I am an undergraduate in Computer Science at Jadavpur University. Very glad to know that OpenEMR has been selected as an organisation for GSoC 2020. I had been working with HTML, PHP, JS, MySQL, and Docker for the last few years. I would like to proceed with OpenEMR as my mentor organisation. Hoping to interact with you all dear mentors. Would be getting a lot to learn !

3 Likes

Hi @yashrajbothra and @skshahnawaz and welcome to the OpenEMR project!

If you have not done so already, ensure you check out this post for some details:

If you are interested in an idea on the list, then recommend starting a discussion on the related forum thread. If you are interested in a custom project, then recommend creating a forum thread for it.

Would also suggest participating on OpenEMR’s github repo and working on a simple mini-project (such as a simple bug fix or simple feature) to interact with the OpenEMR developers and learn how PR’s and code reviews work. Please don’t worry about how nicely your code looks or if it works or anything like that; the community values passion more than skills since we are confident your skills will improve. And most of all, have fun!

thanks!
-brady

1 Like

I am Honorezemagho
Fullstack Web Developer in php , Laravel.
Databases : MongoDB, MYSQL
I had been working on meeting project with doctors and patients. i love coding. I want to contribute in OpenEMR Gsoc 2020.
Thank You

3 Likes

hi @honorezemagho and welcome to the OpenEMR project!

Check out my post above for some starting points.

Thanks!
-brady

Hi mentors, @brady.miller @robert.down
Greetings of the day!

First of all congratulations and thank you for guarding OpenEMR’s status as a free, open-source software solution for medical practices. OpenEMR provides a great solution to manage electronic health records and medical practice management.

I am Saksham Raghuvanshi I’m a Computer science undergrad student from India, currently in 2nd year. I’m passionate about web development and web design but more importantly, I carry a goal to make this world a better and more sustainable place.

Contributing in this organization seems very exciting to me. Also, It is great to know that you are focusing on user experience because I believe that “to the users, the interface is the product”. I would love to work on the front-end parts of the project.

My Skills

Programming : HTML, Javascript (ES6), C, Python
Libraries and Framework : Node.js, Vue.js, JQuery, Express, Handlebars, typescript
Design : Bootstrap 4, CSS, SASS, Photoshop, illustrator, shotcut
Other : MongoDB, Firebase, Heroku, Wordpress

4 Likes

Hello mentors, I am Ashish Gour from IIT Indore, India. I came to know about this community a little late.
I am very excited to contribute to the OpenEMR organization. I have been doing projects in the web-development field for some time, but I believe that I have a lot to learn and I am very passionate about it. Contributing to the projects will surely help me do so.

4 Likes

hi @sraghuvanshi and @Ashish_Gour and welcome to OpenEMR!

Check out my posts above for some starting points.

Thanks!
-brady

1 Like

Hi OpenEMR Community,

My name is Piyush Jha. I am an undergraduate student pursuing Computer Engineering(3rd year) from India.

I really love the idea of OpenEMR and one of the many reasons would be the OpenEMR’s goal to be a superior alternative to its proprietary counterparts. It feels amazing to know that my contributions are going to be used by people and help them. That I would be part of, however small my role is, something that’s going to make real life impacts. I would also like to take this opportunity to say thanks to this community for being so wholesome and helpful.

Moving on to technical specification. I am a freelance web developer come the night and I am quite familiar with the LAMP stack that OpenEMR is built upon. However, this would be my first open source contribution to something real world and I still have a lot to learn. My relevant skills for this project, but not limited to:

Frontend: HTML5, CSS3, SASS, JavaScript, Bootstrap
Backend: LAMP Stack {Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP}, Unix Shell
Frameworks: Familiar with PHP MVC models like Laravel, CakePHP and jQuery library.
Graphics/Design/Wireframes: Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator

6 Likes

Hi @Piyush_Jha,
A warm welcome to openemr community, you can get the basic idea about how to start in the above posts by @brady.miller .
Thanks
-Amit

3 Likes

Hey all,

I’m Brian, PhD engineering student in Canada. I have some experience in developing IoT solutions, and wanted to explore the possibility of submitting my own project proposal. The proposal is related to using machine learning on an IoT device, also referred to as Edge AI, to help pathologists classify patient samples, faster and more accurately.

Programming: Python, C, C++
Libraries and Framework: opencv, TF/Lite
Design: thoughts and prayers
Other: IoT systems

1 Like

Hi @ejri and welcome to the OpenEMR project!

We are definitely open to custom projects and looking forward to reading your recently posted custom project proposal.

If you have not done so already, ensure you check out this post for some details:

Thanks!
-brady

1 Like

Hello everyone!
This is Vaibhav, a 3rd year UG student from India.
@brady.miller sir, I know that its probably a bit too late for this, but I found this organization quite late. I have recently(around a month back) completed a 5 month long project, where we(a team of 5), built a complete website from scratch for our institute’s Tech-Fest and hence quite familiar with the technologies used over here.
Sir, as I found out from some of your replies, I have created a local instance of openEMR in my system(some minor errors still there). Just wanted to know how should I proceed further.
Thanks for the expected reply in advance.

1 Like

hi @vaibhavpopat and welcome to the OpenEMR project!

Check out my posts above for some starting points.

Recommend working on some issues on github and finding a project to focus your proposal on.

Thanks!
-Brady

Hello everyone!
I’m a senior Undergraduate student at the Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi. I worked with lablua in Google summer of code 2019 as a student and successfully completed the GSoC project last year. I have worked on a few web development projects which included working with MySQL, SQLite and MongoDB databases. I am quite proficient in MySQL , Javascript , docker and html.
I would like to contribute towards the project - Modernize Database.
Please have a look at my personal website to know more about me and my work experience in the past.
https://gaurav047.github.io/

Thanks
Gaurav Kumar

2 Likes

welcome @Gaurav_Kumar, do you have a link to your website? thank you

1 Like

I’ve updated the post with the link to my personal website.
Thanks

2 Likes