Ledger & Fee Sheet error when upgrading from 3.2.0 to 5.0.1

Situation
Is there an issue with the ledger and fee sheet when upgrading form openemr 3.2.0 to openemr 5.0.1? It does not carry over all the information.

OpenEMR Version

Browser:
I’m using: Firefox

Operating System
I’m using: osX and Windows 10

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

hi @topnoch, could you provide more detail on what’s missing and did you upgrade incrementally from 3.2.0 to 4.0.0 then from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1, etc.

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for writing back.
Yes. We upgraded incrementally following the upgrade guide. https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Upgrade_Guides

After upgrading some of the patients show incorrect Balance Due in the patient summary page, some payments and charges are not showing up in the patient ledger, and some payments and charges are not showing in the fee sheet.

hi @topnoch, are they recent payments and charges?

Hi Stephen, well it’s some recent and some from a while back.

hi @topnoch ,

Rec trying an upgrade to 4.0 and then running the sl_convert.php script from the web browser. Definitely back up your stuff before doing this.
(and definitely remove that script when you are done)

-brady

Actually, I may of misunderstood. Were you using sql-ledger as the ledger? If not, then disregard my above instructions.

It looks like sql-ledger went away in 2.9 (Getting rid of SQL-Ledger), so just ignore my advice :slight_smile:

hi @topnoch, do you see any patterns with the missing entries? thanks for looking into this @brady.miller

Thanks for responding @stephenwaite and @brady.miller. The pattern that i see from the missing entries are some payment entries in the billing table did not get transferred over into the ar_activity table in the database during the upgrade process.

could you post a couple of the affected rows from the billing table please, thanks @topnoch

The affected row is id 19532(COPAY 32.00). This row did not get transferred over to the ar_activity table.

Hi Stephen, was just checking in to see if you have any insight.

hi @topnoch, :thinking:, is the top table payments from 3.2?

Hi Stephen,
Yes, 5.0

hiya, just checking in to see if there was any further insight. many thanks.

hi @topnoch, could you edit your above photos and provide the name of the sql table and the openemr version please

hi @stephenwaite

ar_activity and billings table.

openemr 5.0.1

thanks for your time.