Getting rid of SQL-Ledger

penguin8r wrote on Wednesday, October 29, 2008:

Nice!  Well done, Rod!  somebody buy that man a drink.

rpl121 wrote on Thursday, October 30, 2008:

Rod, I’m encouraged by your efforts to put patient accounting into the realm of OpenEMR rather than SQL-Ledger.  I’ve used cvs to install your new files, and on two separate installations (after running the 2.9.0 to 2.9.1 database conversion), I get this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_SL in /var/www/openemr/includes/config.php on line 109

I tried eliminating white space before and after this line, and that didn’t correct the error.

Maybe it’s just me, but this is holding me back on testing your new code.

Ronald Leemhuis MD

voipbound wrote on Thursday, October 30, 2008:

Can someone post instructions on how to get this CVS update into the system, I think that would help everyone.

sunsetsystems wrote on Thursday, October 30, 2008:

A quick google turns up this:

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/18379/fid/51

Try doing a clean checkout into a new working directory.

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

Info about accessing CVS is here:

https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=60081

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, October 30, 2008:

Rod,
  This is great
  What happens if the $GLOBALS[‘oer_config’][‘ws_accounting’][‘enabled’]  is set to true or false?
  I ask this because if you have “true” do the same thing as “2”, then people can test your changes on the online OpenEMR tester (it resets to the newest cvs version of openemr every day at 7:02 AM) at:
http://www.oemr.org/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=DemoCVS

-Brady

Also, can you change version to 2.9.1-dev so everybody knows its a dev version with these changes in progress (I’d do it, but having lots of technical problems)

true will behave the same as 1, and false like 0.  This is for compatibility with existing sites when an old config.php is preserved during an upgrade.  I think Sam would need to intervene re the demo site, however proper testing really needs local/private installations going through the whole billing cycle.

I changed the version number in CVS as you requested.

Cheers,

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

Rod,
  That makes sense.  This is gonna break the script on my Developer Appliance and my online CVS demo (they both auto-configure by changing the line from false to true), but your changes are well worth it. I wanted to  release new version of the Developer Appliance anyways, which also functions as the online CVS demo, and this is the bit of motivation that I needed to finish it.
-Brady

BTW, both the developer appliance and CVS demo are on the oemr.org wiki

Rod,
  Actually, I just realized your changes don’t affect the function the of my Developer Appliance or my CVS demo. My auto-config script requires “false”, but since you have it set as “2”, it just leaves your default value. False alarm. I ran a quick a quick bill thru the above online CVS demo and seems to work.
-Brady

Cool!

Are you dealing with the database update in 2_9_0-to-2_9_1-upgrade.sql?

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

hey,
  Nope, the online CVS demo and Developer Appliance install from scratch every time. They take advantage of the Virtual Machine function of being able to revert to a previous “snapshot”. So, the CVS demo basically resets to a blank slate every morning, and then installs the most recent version of OpenEMR from CVS. So, it’s doesn’t test any of the upgrade scripts(phpGACL, sql, etc.).
-Brady

rpl121 wrote on Sunday, November 02, 2008:

Thanks, Rod, for that advice.  I created another directory called /var/www/openemr_dev and did a fresh CVS installation.  I made the changes in globals.php so that it recognized that as the proper working directory.  I am able to use the same working openemr database with either version of OpenEMR.

I’va had a chance to try the pdf and X12 insurance claim generation, the billing reports, invoices, payment application, receivables ageing etc.  Now that I’ve found my way through the menus, it’s time to do some serious playing around with it.

Ronald Leemhuis MD

fred0 wrote on Sunday, November 02, 2008:

Rod,

Things I’ve seen so far in just a few minutes:

The Front Office Receipts report doesn’t seem to do anything. I’ve tested with a co-pay and a checkout function and neither transaction seems to appear.

This may be the way it’s always been, but the tax rate entry in lists requires the tax expressed as a decimal multiplier instead of a whole number percentage (.0825 instead of 8.25). This is fine, just confusing. Only realized it when I went to checkout and my tax was higher than the charge itself.

The pop-ups for checkout, pre-pay, import/export, etc stop working after 1 use in Apple’s Safari.

Also, I know just from some recent hassles with our practice and sql-ledger that we will require more reporting tools than currently provided. I’ll need to poke at it some more and think about it, but I will try to compile a list.

fred0 wrote on Sunday, November 02, 2008:

Oh! And great work so far!

omo66 wrote on Monday, November 03, 2008:

I tested it. it is working great so far.
Here what I did. I did not want to mess with the production server, so I created a back up copy as follow:

1-I upgraded 2.9 to include the backup restore link (added all files from CVS)
2- create back up tar (emr_backup.tar) ~ 18 MB
3- used the script inside contribute to restore into an experimental server with Fedora 9 installed.

All database installed automatically (openemr, pgpgacl) with real data.

Then I download from CVS all updated files for Accounting (see above)  and replaced all files.
It worked right away no issues so far…

Great job Rod…Perfect…I will keep testing then consider upgrading my production sever.
Is this a complete replacement for SQL-Ledger?

found one bug.
A/R
V 2.91 upgrade from 2.90

Select encounters.
then Click : to Clinical View
The out come is only a blank space.
Normally you should see all encounters listed.

PS: typo.
click to Billing view (not clinical view)

sunsetsystems wrote on Monday, November 03, 2008:

Fred: I don’t think any of those issues are related to the recent changes, but let me know if you find differently.

Omar: Thanks for the bug report.  I checked in a fix to interface/patient_file/history/encounters.php.

Cheers,

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

mike-h30 wrote on Monday, November 03, 2008:

I am having a difficult time at getting a copy of the CVS version of OpenEMR in order to help test the new accounting feature that Rod developed.  I have "CVS" installed on my system and a CVS client called "Cervisia".  I have looked at the CVS documentation but have not been able to get the files via the command line or my CVS client.  Rather then continuing to spin my wheels on this I wanted to do the following instead.

1.  Start with a working copy of OpenEMR-2.9.0

2.  Download each of the modified files for the new accounting feature that Rod specifies via the cvs web client.

3.  Run the two SQL scripts:
    sql/2_9_0-to-2_9_1_upgrade.sql
    sql/database.sql

4.  Copy the modified files into my working copy of OpenEMR-2.9.0.
    includes/config.php
    interface/billing/billing_process.php
    interface/billing/billing_report.php
    interface/billing/indigent_patients_report.php
    interface/billing/sl_eob_invoice.php
    interface/billing/sl_eob_search.php
    interface/billing/sl_receipts_report.php
    interface/forms/fee_sheet/new.php
    interface/forms/fee_sheet/view.php
    interface/patient_file/deleter.php
    interface/patient_file/front_payment.php
    interface/patient_file/pos_checkout.php
    interface/patient_file/summary/demographics.php
    interface/patient_file/summary/pnotes.php
    interface/reports/collections_report.php
    interface/reports/receipts_by_method_report.php
    interface/reports/sales_by_item.php
    library/Claim.class.php
    library/billing.inc
    library/invoice_summary.inc.php
    library/patient.inc
    library/sl_eob.inc.php
    library/classes/WSClaim.class.php
    library/classes/WSProvider.class.php

Will this be ok versus trying to checkout a copy of the cvs version of OpenEMR?

-Mike

omo66 wrote on Tuesday, November 04, 2008:

The new fix in interface/patient_file/history/encounters.php. was tested.

It is better, however, only one encounter is displayed when the Billing view is clicked. Normally all encounters as displayed.
Thanks