Issues after changing XAMPP drive

Hi…
I am on openemr 5.0.1 on windows 10 using xampp. Initially, I had my xampp on C drive (drive containing the windows) but I want to change my xampp/htdocs folder to be in D drive. I have changed the “DocumentRoot” to “D://xampp/htdocs” in httpd.conf file in apache folder of xampp in the C drive and restarted apache.

I have copied over the openemr files (the full htdocs folder) to the D drive.

when I go to localhost/openemr, the login screen appears but as I log in with my username and password, I can see multiple site ID is missing from session data at various places.

What do I need to change in openemr file to be able to run it smoothly???

There’s a batch file in the xampp directory that resets the directories and drives (assuming you are using Windows). Setup_xampp.bat

I don’t think you have to do anything but put the entire xampp file on the D drive and run the xampp control from there and start apache and mysql. Then localhost/openemr will run on your browser.

Hi @arnabnaha,
For changing the DocumentRoot and Directory follow the steps below,

1.Open the file httpd.conf from the location C:/xampp/apache/conf
2.Search for DocumentRoot and you will get something like this

DocumentRoot “C:/xampp/htdocs”

Update the DocumentRoot to new location. For example, if you want to update the DocumentRoot to D:/www , then you will have the following line after updating the location

DocumentRoot  “D:/www”

3.Then find the Directory and you will fine something similar to

<Directory “C:/xampp/htdocs”>

Update it to new location like this

<Directory “D:/www”>

4.Then finally restart the Apache server using XAMPP control panel or manually.

See if these steps help resolve your issue.

Thanks,
ViSolve

Thanks @visolveemr . I have done your changes but after I log in into the openemr, it shows “SITE ID IS MISSING” in multiple places. How to gt it to work??

@arnabnaha
Can you please refer the below link to get an idea to resolve the issue.

Thanks
ViSolve

Thanks @visolveemr. I have looked into the mentioned thread but the solution is still awaited.

@arnabnaha,
Can you please share the error log or screen shot for more reference.
If your issue happens in multi site then could you please check whether the below link resembles the same issue as yours.

Thanks,
ViSolve