Inventory module

ssangil45 wrote on Wednesday, May 22, 2013:

Hi, am trying to configure the inventory module in such a way that when a drug is dispensed form the prescription form then it automatically deducts the quantity dispensed from the QOH. you assistance on how to configure such will be highly appreciated

regards
Ssang

visolveemr wrote on Wednesday, May 22, 2013:

Hi,
Please make sure of the following steps

• Select Inventory ->Management , ‘Add Drug’, add a product with medicine in Templates section and save.
  • Now it will open a popup and from here click ‘Purchase’ in Transaction select box , and fill the respective fields and save.
  • While adding Prescription to a patient, click ‘Save and Dispense’ with the units entered.
  • The available quantity will be automatically reduced with the Dispensed quantity in the Inventory Module. (ie. If inventory has 100 units and if patient is prescribed with 2, the inventory lots will be updated with 98).

Hope this helps

Thanks

ViSolve
services@visolve.com

ssangil45 wrote on Thursday, May 23, 2013:

Thanks a lot, i have tried the above procedure; whenever i save and dispense it returned and error “drug id no in inventory” so i changed drug_id=drug_id from drug_id=0, the error i now encounter is “inventory is not available for this order”; could you know how maybe i can go about this…

regards
Ssang

visolveemr wrote on Thursday, May 23, 2013:

Hi Sang,

You want to add the Drugs in “Templates” section of the “Add Drug” popup. If the drug which is not added in “Template” section is used in the prescription, then you will receive this error “drug id no in inventory”.

So, just make sure you add the drugs in “Templates” section. No need of changing the drug_id values in coding.

Thanks

ViSolve
services@visolve.com

ssangil45 wrote on Thursday, May 23, 2013:

ookay, thanks alot

drkay wrote on Thursday, May 23, 2013:

Is the immunization module connected to the inventory module, so that, when we record that a vaccine is administered to a patient, it could be deducted from our vaccine inventory?

The vaccine module is not connected to the inventory module. One more thing that did not get done in the big TODO list of things.