ICD10 Install Problem OEMR7

I’m trying to install ICD10 codes in open ERM7. When I click the install button i get a little wheel that spins and spins and nothing else happens until the software signs me out after a while. when I sign back in the codes are not installed and I have to start the process over again with the same results.

Open EMR 7(Fresh Install, not an upgrade), Firefox, Ubuntu Linux 22.04, PHP 8.1.

Error from error log:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class “ZipArchive” not found in /var/www/html/openemr/library/standard_tables_capture.inc:53\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/openemr/library/standard_tables_capture.inc(797): temp_unarchive()\n#1 /var/www/html/openemr/interface/code_systems/standard_tables_manage.php(52): handle_zip_file()\n#2 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/openemr/library/standard_tables_capture.inc on line 53, referer: http://10.0.21.230/openemr/interface/code_systems/dataloads_ajax.php

Make sure that you have the ‘php-zip’ , 'php8.1-zip and ‘php-pclzip’ packages installed in your operating system. Then reload your web server and try the code installation again.

1 Like

That did the trick. Many thanks.

I did and this did not solve the issue for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

That did the trick here too. Many thanks as well!

I’m on Windows 10. The only extension of the above 3 that came with the latest version of XAMPP was php-zip. I did have to copy and paste the php-zip.dll file from XAMPP to windows\system32 after removing the “;” in php.ini, but then it worked perfectly after that.

Thank you again!

1 Like

While trying to install ICD10 from admin, external codes, I get this error.

Successfully Upgraded ICD10
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class “ZipArchive” not found in
C:\xampp\htcdoc\openemr\library\standard_tables_capture.inc.php:53 Stack trace: #0
C:\xampp\htcdoc\openemr\library\standard_tables_capture.ink.php(743):
temp_unarchive(‘C:\Users\DREXOD…’, ‘ICD10’) #1
C:\xampp\htcdoc\openemr\interface\code_systems\standard_tables_manage.php(52): handle_zip_file(‘ICD10’,‘C:/xampp/htdoca…’) #2 {main} throw in
C:\xampp\htcdoc\openemr\library\standard_tables_capture.inc.php on line 53

Please help thanks
Open emr v7.0.1
Php version 8.2

Ive done all suggestions but still not working.
The last suggestion caused it to loop without error message when I click install but it loops forever.

Hi Samson Exoduzexsammy
Welcome to openemr community. :handshake:
Make sure your php operation system have php-zip.dll packages.

Thanks,
Param,
help@capminds.com

Please where do I find the file?

Sorry am not a tech savy

This particular problem is easier solved on Linux than Windows, but for XAMPP, you need to locate the php.ini file that it’s using. The path to it is probably something like C:\xampp\php, or maybe C:\Program Files\xampp\php, installs may vary.

Look for the line in that file that reads as follows-

;extension=zip

remove the leading semi-colon, save the file then restart your xampp instance.

Note that for OpenEMR v7.x, you must have both the ICD-10 CM and ICD-10 PCS source files available, the system expects to update both of them.

1 Like

Worked like a charm
You the best

Hello everyone. I haven’t been able to update my ICD10’s in awhile and I have OEMR7. Where are you guys going to download the latest ICD10s?

TIA

ICD-10 CM codes-

Download link-

https://www.cms.gov/files/zip/2024-code-descriptions-tabular-order-updated-06/29/2023.zip

ICD-10 PCS codes-

Download link-

https://www.cms.gov/files/zip/2024-icd-10-pcs-codes-file.zip

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your assistance CG. I have been working on securing the system with LetsEncrypt and got a bunch of issues embedded frames not showing and server not matching certificate that I haven’t been able to check this post. I hope others will see this post and solve this issue as well.

hi @CalvinTy , I find the easiest way to upgrade/install ICD10 codes is to upgrade OpenEMR to the most recent release, currently 7.0.2. This will bring in the 2024 ICD10 zip files into the contrib/icd10 folder and from there you can upgrade via the Admin->Coding->External Data Loads interface.

Hello! I’m having a hard time figuring out how does ICD10 with external database import utility function. I am posting a screenshot. I am on MacOs, Xampp 8.2.4, OEMR 7.0.2.

hi @Gerry_Mike_Palisoc , maybe there’s a problem with the temporary files location on macos? What do you see in Admin->Config->Miscellaneous->Path to Temporary Files ?

Hi Stephenwaite! I read a post somewhere else and let me change the temporary file location. However, I cannot remember what the original location was. Im sending the screenshot of the current Miscellaneous tab with the changed values I did. Still no luck.

Hi Stephenwaite! just an update, I read a post from somewhere else again, but this is like magic! See the screenshot below.

that’s a quick and dirty way to open up access to all files and directories on the web server which is not a secure solution

best to only open up the temporary files directory

I just realized that upon reading stuff around. Can you help me find the command just to only open the temporary file directory? Pardon me I’m not a techy.