How do I locate contrib/?

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 20.36.44

@brady.miller @stephenwaite
Are we running mysql 8 with v5.0.2 anywhere?
This was originally a v5.0.3 appliance but shouldn’t matter for Load Data Infile. I’ve never had to setup mysql for infile support.

hi @sjpadgett, no, shouldn’t be, should stick to 5.7. Although there are some mysql 8 fixes in soon to be released patch 2

1 Like

mysql 8 should work with 5.0.2-patch2(working on this today) and 5.0.3. note that mysql8 requires a special setting to work:
--default-authentication-plugin=mysql_native_password

1 Like

overall, agree with @stephenwaite, that best to stick with 5.7 or use mariadb (mysql8 development appears more erratic as they are bringing in breaking changes on minor releases, sometimes reverting them, and then doing it again…)

1 Like

@Naveen_Moses
How did you arrive at this version of mysql? Did you install ubuntu etc?

This type of install default changes drive me nuts!!! just saying!

I installed the latest version of ubuntu in virtualbox and followed this video.

okay so what version ubuntu are you on, 18.04?

its ubuntu 20.04…

Of course! I mean why not. Some days I just need to mind my own business. Kidding of course.:slight_smile:

I need to think about this for a minute…

1 Like

For now I choose to try and make this work.

run
tail -n500 /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf

Look for [client] and [mysqld] sections. any directive like local_infile=1 ?

If not add it under both sections and restart mysql.

I can see only [mysqld] section and [client] it is not there… Where should I add exactly and how to add, it seems I cannot edit it here?

To edit in linux you’d have to change file permissions. Not sure if you know how to use any of the default ubuntu editors but you can copy the file to your local machine, edit, then write it back.
You want to add toward top of file

[client]
local_infile=1

then find the [mysqld] section and add the line anywhere under
local_infile=1

I added in the file and restarted the apache server and its the same state.

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 23.32.19

You have to restart mysql

sudo service mysql restart

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It worked! Thanks a lot! It was a big help!

You’re welcome. Glad you got it going. Once patch 2 is released, get installed sooner rather than later.
Also, please goto where your original question was answered and mark this topic as solved for others searching forum.

Good luck with your research.

Sure, I will do it. Thank you so much! Thanks for spending lot of your time and effort!

1 Like

I just want to note for those following this thread how useful User Debug can be. Not only for helping users that are not experienced doing this kind of work but also, developers.

User Debug relies on our Header class so if a script doesn’t use the class, errors will be missed. v5.0.2 release saw the class used more extensively but, nowhere near v5.0.3 use.

This thread provides a good use case…

1 Like