How do I locate contrib/?

Hi the video in youtube to instal through VirtualBox and ubuntu was a big time help and I could do it as you did, I found that to be openemr 5.0.3 devops, when i go to administration > coding > external dataloads > the SNOMED option is not popping down to extract the file to use! The SNOMED button remains dumb without any reaction. Can I use openemr 5.0.2 in the same installation procedure as in the youtube video? will go go smooth?

What version of snomed did you download?

Did you unzip the zip file? I think you’re supposed to leave it as a .zip

It was a biannual version of snomed, sept 2019. I pasted the zip file in the contrib folder but the thing is when I go to administration>external data loads the buttons there ICD9, ICD10, RXNORM, SNOMED, CQM_VALUESET are not working, if i click them nothing happens. It worked in the openemr version 5.0.2 but the buttons are not expanding in this.

Thank you so much for your time and letting me know. It would be a great help if you could tell me a solution for this.

Interesting. I believe the interface for adding snomed, rxnorm, etc. changed from version 5.0.2 to 5.0.3.

Can you attach a screenshot of the version shown in the about tab of your OpenEMR installation?

Here is the about screenshot:

I then followed another video and started to install opener 5.0.2 with apache server following this video tutorial: https://youtu.be/Vq1yyNaZZ8M

Everything got installed properly but in the external data loads > icd or snomed when i click install they rotate for hours and hours without installing. What could be the problem? I waited, knowing it takes time but it doesn’t get installed. Could there be any problems with php.ini… or any other problem? Here are the screenshots:

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 14.07.05

I have changed it and I think I have restarted my apache server also but the problem remains the same.

Where can I see the existing problems in php.ini?

@sjpadgett any idea what might be causing this issue?

when i’ve played around with mac os development i used docker

then followed this guide

1 Like

I reinstalled opener 5.0.2 and at the end of the installation process it showed this. after I changed the settings in the php.ini

Maybe try clicking proceed anyways and see what happens.

It doesn’t work even when I click proceed!

If you don’t mind being behind by a version you could try the prepackaged version with xampp.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openemr/files/OpenEMR%20Windows%20XAMPP%20Package/5.0.1/

Just download version 5.0.1.4 and unzip the file in your C drive. I think it’s intended for windows but might work on a mac.

@Naveen_Moses
What is the end goal here, development or production?

I am a student of medical informatics and I want to make use of OpenEMR for my research work. I am not a developer but just a learner.

Okay so i’m guessing you’ll want a stable openemr version to start building your dataset, true?

Yes, absolutely…! A stable version to be used on a mac with full functionality and especially to use ICD and Snomed!

Okay, so we need to get you to v5.0.2 and if Brady hasn’t gotten patch two done, i’ll zip you one up and send.
First, your environment. I’m not a Mac user however, I am comfortable with linux and windows(xampp) so if ya want to fire me, now’s the time.:slight_smile: Having only previewed this thread I didn’t note that you are using OSX xampp but looks like a VM. Also looks like you had both v5.0.3 and v5.0.2 installed and your issue was installing codesets. You then try reinstalling v5.0.2 where you got hung up on step 6.
Pretty much sum it up?

Yes… that’s the story! Installing code sets is my important part…

@Naveen_Moses
Just want to note here that these are instructions and don’t reflect actual settings. So, if you delay for any period of time on a page, there is a chance the go forward button may not work.

1 Like