How can y set up my openemr on two notebook with outreach?

Situation
We are two persons who work on mental health care in public collegs. We need openemr to shedul our visits in the schools and save the hisories.
We two have an laptop with the same wlan at home. But in the schools we do not have internet connection. So I set up openerm at one laptop.
How can I use it on the other as well?
The first one has to be on to use the openerm on the other?
Can I use it offline even I am in another place?
And how can I connect from the school with one who does not have the installation on it?

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 7.0.2

Browser:
I’m using:duckduckgo 0.76.2

Operating System
I’m using: Windows 10 Pro

Search
Did you search the forum for similar questions?
Yes, but I didnt find something that helped me, to much confusion

Logs
Did you check the logs?
Was there anything pertinent in them?
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.
You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All

Short answer, without an internet accessible instance of OpenEMR, what you’re imagining isn’t really possible.
Either both laptops have to be able to use the same OpenEMR site, or they could each have an independent copy of OpenEMR, but to share the same site in real time is going to require internet connectivity and a hosted, always on installation.

Thanks for your answer!

I’ve read that you can also use OpenERM offline. That’s why we decided to use OpenERM.
So how does this work? Do you still have to be on the same network then? It would really only be 4 hours that we would be away from the base… and we also just need to access some patient data and take a few notes. Isn’t that possible offline after all?

Thats what said the Ai, but I do not know if this is riht and how to put in practise… :expressionless:

Certainly! Using OpenEMR offline can be beneficial in scenarios where internet connectivity is limited or unreliable. Here are some approaches you can consider:

1. Master-Master Replication:
  1. UUID-Based Approach:
  • If using more than one laptop in the field, consider changing database IDs (usually auto-incremented) to UUIDs.
  • This prevents conflicts when replicating data from different laptops to the main database.
  • [The Peace Corps project used a similar approach successfully
  1. Leverage Offsite Portal Mechanism:
  • Explore the mechanism created by ZH Healthcare in the codebase to support the offsite portal.
  • This mechanism stores data in specific tables until it’s verified, allowing local use.
  • [When back online, the data can be pushed to the main database]
    Remember that the technical aspects might seem complex to common users, but these strategies can enhance offline usability. [If you’re using devices like smartphones, consider adapting these approaches to suit your needs]

I’m interested to know what AI gave you this answer? I suppose this is a lesson in learning what AI hallucination is as a college student. Its not the answer you probably want to hear, but right now the main OpenEMR installation is not currently built for offline use.

It looks like your OpenEMR answer was derived from this community forum post:

You can read the forum post. Apparently there are some community members who have been able to hack this together in a multi-write situation (more than one machine) like you have but you’ll need to reach out and see what they did to accomplish this as its never been contributed back to the main OpenEMR project.

We have plans to include offline support in core (which is what we put in place with using the uuids) but there is nothing that is turn-key built as far as I know.

EDIT
Reading your earlier post, I jumped to the assumption you were a college student. I apologize as perhaps you are a mental health care worker providing services in a public college.

If you are an actual employee, if your IT department is interested in collaborating with the project in completing (or sponsoring monetarily) the remaining parts of the offline synchronization, we’d love to talk.