Help with edit-payment

When you go to fee -> Batch Payments - Search payments

Then when you search for a check or payer you get a list of transactions that were posted against the payment.

Then there is a patient search box at the bottom of the page. This search box no longer returns any patient details. The edit_payment.php page has not been edited and the ar_activity, ar_session and form_encounter still match up for the particular patients.

I tried to trace back but can’t figure out what the problem would be. Any suggestions?

I don’t understand issue and works for me however, your particulars may be different from mine where I don’t see the issue. I do:

Then edit a post:

If patient search doesn’t give a result then change the select for search parameters. (circled in red above)

What do you get when you click on Newman, Alice Jones . I don’t get anything.

Don’t pay attention that I use snomeds here but:

Check your error logs including if you get any console errors or goto Adminisration->Globals->Logging and turn on User Debug to All

Log out then back in after setting.

I turned on audit all. Nothing comes up but the distribution on the bottom isn’t working. Thanks for the tip. I will keep trying other things.

I feel like it is something to do with the AJAX calls.

I wanted you to turn on Use Debugging Options so JS and PHP will display on screen or a popup.

Hmmm. I turn on all but no pop-up. Let me try again.

Tried it again nothing comes up. Also when I try to go to Administrative - Logs nothing comes up - It times out. I am going to upgrade to 6.0 but should I do a fresh installation or an upgrade?

I did some updates but none that I can’t transfer over.

What is your advice?

Oh heck @tjbarr I thought you were already on v6. I can’t do anything with 5.0.2.
I like to create new directory for upgrades then copy sites over and rename directories when I go live.
Backup database then after you copy sites directory over you’re attached to your DB then run openemr sql_upgrade from new directory.

1 Like

Regarding first psragraph:

Create new directory for mysite.com/newsite

Unzip 6.0 then rename newsite to oldsite?

I updated to 6.0. Everything went well except I still can’t get the edit payment distribute to work. Gonna try troubeshooting it today.

@sjpadgett I updated both test and production and got everything working but still having the issue with the edit_payment.

I think my problem is in this code? payment_pat_sel.inc.php

Found in error log
PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /public_html/emr/interface/billing/edit_payment.php on line 953

@stephenwaite I noticed you had been working with a bug on 5.02 with an issue on edit_payment. I updated to 6.0 and applied the patch but am still having this issue. I have the server people checking the php version and the configuration in php.ini. Also I posted above the error warning I found in logs.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

can take a look @tjbarr but we’ll most likely need @sjpadgett’s help who’s been working in here more than anyone

Thanks so much for the reply.

@tjbarr
I’ve shown how this works for me. Now though that i’m on PHP8, there are issues with edit/batch payments. It works fine in PHP7.4 so,

• What PHP version are you on?
  • Rephrase your issue with step by step actions of how to reproduce.
  • Give screenshots.
  • Again, ensure you have User Debug set to All in Globals Logging.

PHP 7.3
I am turning on all the debug settings and will send you screenshots.