Does OpenEMR Transmit to any Immunization Registry

Hello everyone and thanks for your help in advance. I need to know if OpenEMR transmits to any of the state immunization registries and if so, which ones?

Thanks.

@hmclaughlin
Please check this link.
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Transmission_to_immunization_registries_(MU2))

Thanks,
ViSolve

When I clicked the link I got a blank page. When I clicked further I was directed to Meaningful Use and Immunization transmission. Am I correct assuming that if the software complies with Meaningful Use it is able to forward data to immunization registries like Immunet? Thanks!!

Yes, unfortunately I also found only a blank page. Does anyone know the answer?

I would like to know the answer also…

The procedure order form can transmit HL7 files.

Has anyone connected that to the immunization registry?

What I have found out is that ZH owns the code.
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Transmission_to_immunization_registries_(MU2))

@zhopenemr maybe they will post the code on GitHub

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Certification_Stage_II_Meaningful_Use

According to the above, the transmission to registries is done. I found this in the latest version 5.0.6.
Don’t know how to use it yet but still snooping.

I have tested the report and here is what the report page looks like when it is run.

Thanks for the response. But do we know if it transmits? How do you set up the transmission?

btw,
The most recent mechanism to produce the HL7 for the immunization records is in the Care Coordination Modules (this is what was used to pass MU2 for this item):

The system does not transmit for you. It will download a file to your local computer that you can upload.

@brady.miller could you share the step to get to this page?
I went through all the menus and could not find it quickly.

hi @juggernautsei,

Check out here on how to install the Care Coordination Modules (then login/logout and go to Modules->Carecoordination->Export->Immunization
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Z%26H's_CCDA_Module
(ignore all the ccda/mirth stuff)

-brady

I am in a flood zone of issues this month. I clicked on Modules and get the screen below. I checked the folder and the files are in the folder. Any idea what is causing this? No error message in the log file.

hi @juggernautsei, does it also need this apache setting or is this for the new patient portal only?

<Directory /var/www/html/openemr>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride FileInfo
Require all granted
</Directory>

@stephenwaite
The installation is working. It is just the modules that are not working.

I added what you suggested to the config file

<Directory />
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride None
   Require all denied
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/share>
   AllowOverride None
   Require all granted
</Directory>

<Directory /var/www/>
   AllowOverride None
   Require all granted
</Directory>

<Directory /var/www/html/openemr>
      AllowOverride FileInfo
      Require all granted
</Directory>

Now I get this error

[Thu Mar 29 03:15:22.558662 2018] [core:alert] [pid 26549] [client 70.169.0:60005] /var/www/html/openemr/interface/modules/zend_modules/public/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration, referer: https://emr.pediatrics.com/openemr/interface/main/tabs/main.php

hi @juggernautsei ,

This is using Zend which requires some configuration with your server:
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Zend#Apache

If still can’t get it to work, which OS are you using?

-brady

It was the mod rewrite not turned on.

But I still have a question about the warning that the system will be generating an HL7 file and it can not be generated again.

Why is that? When this report has to be sent regularly, it only sends forward information?

Also, there are segments that need to be edited to meet the state’s requirements. How, can those segments be changed?

Also, I noticed that the system is built for Mirth. Is there an SFTP option like in the LAB?

Thx

We have submitted to the state of MD and this was the response from the person doing the review.

This one for your RXA segment:
Error Code -029: Record rejected. CPT Code, Vaccine Group, Tradename and NDC are not a valid combination.
This one for your ORC segment:
Error Code - 063: ORC #1 IGNORED - REQUIRED FIELD ORC-3 MISSING.

There are more errors.
Any help would be great. Thanks!

I noticed this in the code:

$content .= "RXA|" .
     "0|" . // 1. Give Sub-ID Counter
     "1|" . // 2. Administrattion Sub-ID Counter
     $r['administered_date']."|" . // 3. Date/Time Start of Administration
     $r['administered_date']."|" . // 4. Date/Time End of Administration
     format_cvx_code($r['code']). "^" . $r['immunizationtitle'] . "^" . "CVX" ."|" . // 5. Administration Code(CVX)
    "999|" . // 6. Administered Amount. TODO: Immunization amt currently not captured in database, default to 999(not recorded)

Hi @juggernautsei ,

The immunizations hl7 creation in the care coordination module does not require the mirth server (that is only needed for the CCDA creation).

The not being able to send again has always seemed to be an odd thing.

I would guess that each place/state will have their unique requirements.

-brady

I am back to this topic again.
I was following the instruction to setup the program to transmit to Virginia HIE. Well ran into a road block. Please look at the image below. After entering all the settings for the SFTP connection. I tried to send a batch. By the way, the CVX numbers are still have that double display in every part of our system. (CentOS 7) That is not the point. The point of this message is that the popup says to select at lease on patient. I could not find a way to select a patient.
I know that in the past. It was said that Mirth is not needed. The front end should be changed to reflect what is really being entered.
I went a head and used the old immunization report. I built a way to transmit embedded within that report. That is what the second image is showing. I was unable to get the module one to work. @sjpadgett Is this hard enough for you?

Would you like a PR for this one once I get it converted to symfony?