Does OpenEMR Transmit to any Immunization Registry

I checked out the demo and found this.

I reloaded the page and that error message went away. This still is an issue. Can’t select a patient.

Hi Sherwin,
This is not going to work until the offending static methods are fixed. Most have been fixed but this module seems to still resist…

I’m just not sure i’m willing to take this on just now.

I built another way that works outside of this. Should I post a PR?

Not sure, depends what it does. Is it new?

Yes, it is new but based on the extending the functionality of the previous Immunizations report that is still in the system. Instead of dropping and HL7 file, I transmits the HL7 via SFTP.

I have recently completed a module that transmits immunizations to CAIR (California Immunization Registry). With minor code changes, it could probably be used to send immunizations to any registry. My module allows the user to scan the immunization with a scanner and the fields will auto populate with the appropriate information:

(Note: The following screen has things that are related to CA only)

The end user has the ability to submit the immunization right away, or just save it (a cron job sends the immuizations every 6 hours). We created the cron job because the CAIR server is slow and sometimes a single submission can take 30 seconds or more before it registers.

When we click on the query button it sends a request to the CAIR server and a report is generated for all of the recorded vaccines:

If you wanted to print up a Yellow Card you can from the screen:

and the CAIR Yellow Card will auto-populate with the patient’s history and it is printable

I have made the code robust enough that we could alter it for any state.

@growlingflea, @juggernautsei,
Your code would be very useful in providing Comprehensive COVID-19 Immunization Administration Setup. Do either or both of you have plans for PR?
If CA requires soap envelop around HL7 data and MD accepts pure HL7 batch, chances are other registries will have other combinations. The covid agreement is not that clear if records need to flow thru the state registry to CDC or feed directly into their system. It may be good to store HL7 batches in documents or such folder. Then have another process that will manage the send and receive aspect in a robust fashion.

I do. I m working on the CAIR tomorrow.

I don’t have a repo but I will get to it soon.

(sometime later) @mdsupport Here is my PR. It is incomplete because I never built the globals for entering the SFTP information.

This is a great contribution, and very robust!

I wrote a much more slimmed down tool to sync openemr and CAIR. It does not integrate tightly with OpenEMR like Pflieger’s code does. It also only submits the minimum required information to CAIR and set’s the record in CAIR as locked. It only submits COVID-19 vaccines.

1 Like