All insurance data required, no layout for insurance

I have successfully installed OpenEMR 5.0.0 on OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

Everything seems to be working well and the database looks correct when I look at it with the MySQL tools, but almost every single insurance field is required in order to save a new feature. I tried to change the attributes from required to optional under Administration -> Layouts, but there are no layouts defined for Insurance

Can anyone help?

No one ever answered this, but I found the issue and perhaps the solution will be useful for others.

I supposed that there was something in the database that was causing all insurance parameters to be required, but it turns out that is not the case. The issue arises because every single field in the form created by /interface/new/new_comprehensive.php is set as a required field in HTML.

I changed all of these fields and now, of course, I can save a patient without any problem.

I am interesting in knowing whether there was a good reason for setting the fields to required in the first place.

no probably just @brady.miller having too much fun with bootstrap :slight_smile:

nice fix, there are probably only a few fields that are mandatory, like ins name, policy, effective date, etc

Hi @Greg_Zancewicz ,

I am unable to confirm this behavior on most recent codebase or on the 5.0.0 demo at:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Demo

Am able to save new patient and edit prior patient demographics without entering in any insurance info. Using Firefox from linux and openemr is served on linux.

-brady

It may be that Firefox is ignoring the class tags. Take a look at the div’s in /interface/new/new_comprehensive.php and you’ll see what I mean. I know that you only recommend Firefox as a browser, but I am not sure leaving these class tags as all required will guarantee that you won’t have the same issue I had with Chrome under future releases of Firefox.

I ran across one other instance of other insurance forms with the same settings, but I can’t locate it at the moment.

Not sure but this may be a parsing issue. I don’t have time but you may want to turn on css/html warnings in browser and see what floats up. Looks to me the tags are not escaped properly.

I modified the HTML myself, so the issue is gone for me. But someone might want to check into it for the next update.

Hi Good Morning,

I have a slightly different error with data entry to insurance. I am using Linux Mint 20 with Mariadb 15.1 and Openemr-6.0. Openemr-6.0 was upgraded form Openemr-5.0.2(5). Upgrade was smooth and login was flawlless. Checking mysql_sql showed all OK. I however received this error when trying to update insurance data.

ERROR: query failed: INSERT INTO keys (name, value) VALUES (?, ?)

Error: Duplicate entry ‘sixa’ for key ‘name’

/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 433:sqlStatementNoLog
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 231:collectCryptoKey(six,a,database)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 100:coreDecrypt(WqUaalmVefeTDsUVPVe6V2c6cAp67AUn5x1GZK3lPdgM/8rR6MK+8Jsd/qgRK/ob3lCxaAYxF6TrXbwsPdJ5Sjr1ii2ZNtQxXGW+ZnDsxitosmJM2dUUxu/Y5uMCnTWFPhgXma2opHkjsbJO7eNhWA==,database,six)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 462:decryptStandard(006WqUaalmVefeTDsUVPVe6V2c6cAp67AUn5x1GZK3lPdgM/8rR6MK+8Jsd/qgRK/ob3lCxaAYxF6TrXbwsPdJ5Sjr1ii2ZNtQxXGW+ZnDsxitosmJM2dUUxu/Y5uMCnTWFPhgXma2opHkjsbJO7eNhWA==,database)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 153:collectCryptoKey(six,a,drive)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 66:coreEncrypt(SHOW COLUMNS FROM x12_partners,drive,six)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Logging/EventAuditLogger.php at 739:encryptStandard(SHOW COLUMNS FROM x12_partners)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Logging/EventAuditLogger.php at 641:recordLogItem(1,security-administration-select,admin,Default,SHOW COLUMNS FROM x12_partners,Security)
/var/www/html/openemr/library/ADODB_mysqli_log.php at 45:auditSQLEvent(SHOW COLUMNS FROM x12_partners,1,)
/var/www/html/openemr/vendor/adodb/adodb-php/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php at 632:Execute(SHOW COLUMNS FROM x12_partners)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/ORDataObject/ORDataObject.php at 114:MetaColumns(x12_partners)
/var/www/html/openemr/library/classes/X12Partner.class.php at 43:_load_enum(processing_format,)
/var/www/html/openemr/library/classes/InsuranceCompany.class.php at 150:__construct()
/var/www/html/openemr/controllers/C_InsuranceCompany.class.php at 19:__construct()
/var/www/html/openemr/library/classes/Controller.class.php at 100:__construct()
/var/www/html/openemr/controllers/C_PracticeSettings.class.php at 58:act(Array)
/var/www/html/openemr/library/classes/Controller.class.php at 137:insurance_company_action(list)
/var/www/html/openemr/controller.php at 6:act(Array)

I would appreciate any help with this error.

Thanks.

Jack

log out then goto sites/default/documents/logs_and_misc/methods/ and delete sixa and sixb

I have deleted both sixa and sixb. The result is still the same.

Took a shot.

Also maybe try clearing smarty cache from administration->clinic->calendar
Check your x12 partners and resave.
The error you posted doesn’t make a lot of sense. can’t tell if because of logging or the save flow.
Any other error?

Cleared cache and x12 partners gave this error

Query Error

ERROR: query failed: INSERT INTO keys (name, value) VALUES (?, ?)

Error: Duplicate entry ‘sixa’ for key ‘name’

/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 433:sqlStatementNoLog
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 231:collectCryptoKey(six,a,database)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 100:coreDecrypt(f8oN/Zt03Ly9qqh4GBM+PDAbWGiQkQCJRQ1sMavwh2PHC/MlkLj0l30Exh26O5Pu2I+9zH8owEfmypLPBnkdkuiWgwJrd5V/vSeMu64gCpyQEuRDVQqcppOLDh74v7UaBl4ae9ZJEH/55epqlRXljg==,database,six)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 462:decryptStandard(006f8oN/Zt03Ly9qqh4GBM+PDAbWGiQkQCJRQ1sMavwh2PHC/MlkLj0l30Exh26O5Pu2I+9zH8owEfmypLPBnkdkuiWgwJrd5V/vSeMu64gCpyQEuRDVQqcppOLDh74v7UaBl4ae9ZJEH/55epqlRXljg==,database)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 153:collectCryptoKey(six,a,drive)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Crypto/CryptoGen.php at 66:coreEncrypt(SHOW COLUMNS FROM x12_partners,drive,six)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Logging/EventAuditLogger.php at 739:encryptStandard(SHOW COLUMNS FROM x12_partners)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/Logging/EventAuditLogger.php at 641:recordLogItem(1,security-administration-select,drkcchan,Default,SHOW COLUMNS FROM x12_partners,Security)
/var/www/html/openemr/library/ADODB_mysqli_log.php at 45:auditSQLEvent(SHOW COLUMNS FROM x12_partners,1,)
/var/www/html/openemr/vendor/adodb/adodb-php/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php at 632:Execute(SHOW COLUMNS FROM x12_partners)
/var/www/html/openemr/src/Common/ORDataObject/ORDataObject.php at 114:MetaColumns(x12_partners)
/var/www/html/openemr/library/classes/X12Partner.class.php at 43:_load_enum(processing_format,)
/var/www/html/openemr/controllers/C_X12Partner.class.php at 42:__construct()
/var/www/html/openemr/library/classes/Controller.class.php at 137:list_action()
/var/www/html/openemr/controllers/C_PracticeSettings.class.php at 137:act(Array)
/var/www/html/openemr/library/classes/Controller.class.php at 137:x12_partner_action(list)
/var/www/html/openemr/controller.php at 6:act(Array)