XAMPP version for EMR - 5.0.2. Windows 10

Could the php version cause this error.
The install is php 7
My backup is from a php 5.2 and I can’t install php 5.2 on Linux mint version that I am currently using. Any thoughts.
Thanks

We need to upgrade php version, to be able to upgrade to openemr 5.0.2.
Problem with windows we had was the php upgrade process.
If you have an error you can’t fix, just reinstall fresh Linux, it will take only 10 minutes, and start again, follow the steps I posted, and you not suppose get any errors.
Just don’t forget to rename openemr folder, before restoring backup.tar file.
All you need to do in the beginning, just move openemr.tar file and restore file to home directory, and start with terminal.

Thanks will start new and update.
Thank you.

Mr Cavalier did you use the windows backup tool in administration to do the backup?
I keep on getting the error failed to restore database.
Any suggestions anyone ?

Yes shore, I did windows backup, and then restored backup file to Linux based OpenEMR 5.0.1.
Dont’t forget to put emr_backup.tar and restore script(Restore script can be found in openemr/contrib/util as an executable file) to home directory.
And rename original openemr directory before restore process.

I have done all of the instructions and reinstalled a million times not sure what I am doing incorrect.

I did this transfer from windows to Linux mint 4 times already, and never had any errors. We just did this process for my friend yesterday, no any problems, no any errors.
I’m not sure if I will have time tomorrow, to guide you step by step.
I’ll try to upload tomorrow couple of screen shots, maybe it will help you.

will appreciate .Thanks in advance

Maybe you getting this error because your backup file is oversized. All our installations had backup files less then 7gb. We had a problem before with installations on windows, because there was a limit set of file size.
You can try to remove documents from document file - openemr/sites/default/documents
Open Documents file, cut all files, and save to temporary doc. file on flash drive.
Then make a new backup, it will be max 300mb.
After restore process you will need to restore files back to documents - openemr/sites/default/documents.
I did this trick couple times with windows platform installations, and it resolved my problems.

I have tried your advice and I get the same error . Do you think it’s related to the php version . The windows install from which I did the back up is php 5.

Could the problem be that i have no password setup when installing database and if so how do i fix in windows ?

I think the problem only with size of your backup file.
I was trying to check one more time restore process in my computer, but the problem is I cant go back to 5.0.1, because my system already upgraded to 5.0.2.
Problem is definitely not with your php 5. Because I had the same on windows, it only can be restrictions with backup file size.
Try to contact Brady Miller, you can find him on the beginning of this post, and just reply to him with your problem. I moved to Linux from Windows by his recommendation and support.

No need any password setup, just skip

Thanks will contact Miller and ask for some advice

So far the answers for upgrading XAMPP from openemr version 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 have been to use docker or linux mint instead of windows. It does appear the need for php7 messes up every install approach listed, though it seems to have been a problem in linux also as older versions are loosing support. I found however a manual approach that seems to work. I would test it a bunch before using it in your office but so far so good. I downloaded the newest XAMPP zip file and put it in C:/XAMPP. I downloaded the openemr 5.0.2 file and extracted it into htdoc/openemr. I made the suggested changes to php.ini. I removed the entire new xampp/ mysql folder and replaced it with the xampp/ mysql folder from my 5.0.1 xampp as well as the entire htdoc/openemr/sites folder. I used xampp/control to turn on apache and mysql and ran localhost/openemr/sql_upgrade.php. I then extracted in the patch and ran sql_patch.php and replaced a couple of customized files and things seem to work. This may only have worked because when version 5.0.1 came up I upgraded xampp at the time to use mariadb, but I can’t be sure.

I switched from Windows XAMPP to Linux Mint, and very satisfied with this decision.
Very easy process, and system working mach faster then in Windows platform.
I spend some time to try with docker, but stuck in restore process.

Hello MR Miller
I have been trying to move openemr over Linux Mint from windows Xampp 5.0.1-6 and I have not been successful. Currently, the Xampp in window works without any errors and I have done a backup from the admin in windows with the backup tool. current PHP version is 5.6.2.

This is the error.

Dropping old OpenEMR database if it exists …
Database “openemr” dropped
Restoring OpenEMR database …
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 1118 (42000) at line 3640: Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 0 bytes is stored inline.
Error: Restore to database ‘openemr’ failed.

I have reduced the backup size by deleting the documents folder with no success. Not sure what else to try.any suggestion?

Hello

I have a question regarding using the built in backup tool.
I’m using Linux Mint 19.3 and moving to another computer Linux Mint 19.3

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Backing_Up_Using_the_Built_In_Tools

It was telling me to copy the password from sqlconfig.php and used that when it asked

I see that you pressed ENTER are using the provided database password.

I’ve tried that too and it worked. I just want to make sure if I’m reading the instruction correctly.

Hi
I didn’t use any password, just ENTER, and it will complete the process

Hello,
Thanks it has been working for the past couple days.