Why is Patient name box popping up?

When I am in the message center, looking at a message. I click on the blue word “Patient:” which is supposed to open that patient’s chart. Well it does open that patients chart but it also pops up a Patient name: window. I now have to close this window to proceed.

Why is it doing this and how to I stop it?

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version - 5.0.2(2)

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome and Firefox

Operating System
I’m using: Ubuntu 16.04

Hi Jeff,

That looks like a box that pops up when you try to create a new patient record that is somewhat similar in name/information to a pre-existing patient. It’s meant to warn you “hey there’s a patient already in here with a similar name, is this a different person?” to prevent a duplicate entry for a single person. E.g Mike Baloney vs. Michael Baloney

What happened directly before you got this pop-up window?

What happens if you make a new patient that doesn’t have the last name “test”?

Hi Rachel,

This problem resolves when I changed my setting preference back to frame. I replicated the problem by changing back to Tabs.

So in my system it appears to be an issue with Layout. Under Frame this problem is not an issue, in Tabs it is.

What happened directly before you got this pop-up window? —> I clicked on the blue word Patient: just above the patient’s name in My Messages window.

What happens if you make a new patient that doesn’t have the last name “test”? --> It happens everytime with every patient.

Jeff

hi @nursejeff, thanks for the bug report. It shouldn’t open the multi-select box to add a new patient to the message.

No problem @stephenwaite, it pops the same box up in the frame layout also but it quickly goes away.

I would like to do a video of the problems I am having and be able to post the video on the forum, so that you all can see what I am trying to explain in words. Does anyone have any suggestions for apps or programs that can do this

some folks have used loom

Not sure a video will be super necessary.

If you want to make one, Robert and I use OBS for screen recording.