While Creating Provider's Schedule, I get "Provider not available, use it anyway?"

Dear Community,

While creating the provider’s schedule for the first time I get this message, is this normal? it’s just gives you the feeling that there’s something wrong with the configuration. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes I know I’ve to select “In Office” category, and this is what I’m doing, so should the message appear even though I’m just creating the provider’s schedule for the first time?

Thank you

Hi @A.Mangour , did you make the in office appointment for the provider an all day event? thank you

Hello @stephenwaite , Thank you for your reply.

This is what I’m doing:

But the message still appears upon clicking save.

hi @A.Mangour, yes, setting up the provider’s schedule the first time will result in that error.

@stephenwaite Do you think this needs to be fixed? because it’s a little misleading. if it does need fixing I can try and fix it.

sure @A.Mangour , as i believe @brady.miller once said, all code improvements are appreciated :smile:

Thanks @robert.down for opening an issue.

@A.Mangour how were you thinking of fixing this bug?

@stephenwaite I was thinking of checking whether the schedule being created is for provider or patient, if provider then no prompt should be shown. What do you think?

hi @A.Mangour, sounds good but might want to add a check for another provider event for that same provider for that day just in case

maybe can take advantage of [validation rules] (openemr/add_edit_event.php at master · stephenwaite/openemr · GitHub) ?

I’ve delivered a fix:

Just brought in @A.Mangour 's nice fix into the codebase. thanks for the fix!
-brady

Thank you @brady.miller and @stephenwaite for all the efforts.

My experience is that the In Office event is not marked as all day event, just with the start time, and repeat frequency. Then, does that provider have an ‘Out of Office’ time set, with its repeat factors? Because as far as I know they need both In and Out of Office blocks defined.

hi @htuck, you can set the in office event to be an all day event and then wouldn’t need an out of office event added unless you didn’t want appointments to be booked after a certain time.

Hi @stephenwaite Yes, I guess I assumed that a provider would want to specify a time to stop making appointments, but I can see that some providers would want it open ended.