Where is the inbox feature

In other EMR systems I’ve used, there is a place to upload multiple files at once to an ‘Unclaimed Inbox.’ Then the staff can open this unclaimed inbox and go through the documents one by one to link to the correct patient chart and optionally flag a provider’s inbox. For example, all the faxes and mailed reports come in this way (hundreds per day). Where can I find this module in OpenEMR?

1 Like

Admin->Globals->Miscellaneous ->Enable Scanner Support
Access Inbox from Miscellaneous ->Fax/Scan

Standard interface needs development to make it useful in high volume situations.

Thank you.
I am not seeing a Globals option

Admin > Config, not Admin > Globals.

Thank you.
I enabled it under Admin>Config>Enable Scanner Support

I got it enabled and uploaded files to the directory.
When I upload PDFs I can click on them to preview:

When I try to dispatch the pdf to save into a chart, it tells me no pages have been selected, and there is no preview of any pages for me to select:

If I try uploading a valid tiff file it doesn’t even preview:

and clicking on Dispatch for the tiff results in the same problem as with pdf’s (no pages selected popup)

Is there tiff viewer installed on the client machine/browser?

Re. pdf, the standard mechanism involves using imagemagick at os, splitting each page , getting you to select a page at a time and then stitching selected pages into a new/final file to be attached. That takes time to process each file through these steps and is prone to admin hell in a high volume multi-user installation.

If your volume is expected to be modest, you will find it easier to use patients’ document screen to upload the file.

Best.

1 Like