WENO fails to transmit

WENO was working wonderfully, beautifully, and easily until it suddenly stopped working a while ago (beginning of year?) - just now getting to investigate. Error/fail to load receivingrx.php then error on confirm.php. Just keeps spinning. Still using OpenEMR 5.0.1(6). At first I thought it was because Walgreens bought RiteAid but it is happening with all attempts to send to any pharmacy.

1 Like

Hi
It is undergoing major changes…
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_ePrescribe#JSeRx

hi @APerez, but thought @juggernautsei had kept it going through the transition

@Michael_Farina, the module is going through major renovations but the people at Weno has pulled the plug on the old interface before ratifying the new one. It is my fault for not getting this done early last year. Apologies for the inconvenience. I wish I could tell you when the new code would be out but I can share with you that it will only work in 5.0.2. We did not make it backwards compatible.

If you would still like to prescribe outside of the interface, please contact me and I will give you instructions on how.

1 Like

oh that’s for the aswers. been having a similar issue as the original poster and couldn’t understand what’s wrong.
thanks Sherwin Gaddis for your help. i may contact you about that. thanks

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_ePrescribe#JSeRx

New regulations were put in place this year and a new standard was released late last year. Please see the wiki for more information. The new code is available for those techie enough to do the update now versus waiting on the next patch.

This service is no longer free. =(
None ECPS is $8/mo to use the embedded interface module.

thanks for the link. i didn’t know it.
have you got a subscription? worth the money? any other advices you may share? deep thanks

1 Like

just wanted to bump the thread, if you are still here to answer… i am still interested if the service is worth the money. or i better get some salads for the money? i understand that’s not too much, but i still don’t want to pay for something not very useful.

1 Like

I also want to know if this new paid subscription has improved from last year version. Will this include electronically send to pharmacies? In the past, the pharmacy received a fax prescription from WENO. The pharmacy then registered itself with WENO to receive the prescription electronically in the future.

Many of the pharmacies in my area did not want to register to WENO, and refused to fill the FAX prescriptions. We found out about this when patients called and complaint that the pharmacies did not receive our prescription from WENO. We had to call the pharmcies directly to confirm if they received the prescriptions. To solve this problem, I ended up sent the prescriptions by OpenEMR (WENO), and also printed hard copies to give to patients (just in case the pharmacies did not fill the prescriptions by WENO). By doing the extra work, it was so inconvenient, and that really defeat the purpose of electronic prescription.

Also, will the new subscription allows narcotic medications to be sent electronically?

If the subscription solves these issues, I think it will be a big help, and I will be very happy to subscribe.

Thank you.

@2017

The Weno service still works the same way. If the pharmacy in not connected to Weno messaging system. They will receive a fax with instructions on how to get connected. It is up to the pharmacy to decide on if they want to or not. There is no federal law that makes them have to connect to Weno.
Also by federal law, a fax that does not come from the doctor’s office to the pharmacy is still consider electronic prescribing. But still it is up to the pharmacy to accept or reject the prescription.

Thank you Sherwin. Some of the pharmacies in my area especially the CVS are not willing to register.
It’s very frustrated.

I will register soon after I upgrade to the 5.0.2 version. I am currently on 5.0.1 version. I’ve read that part of this fee will come back and help fund for OpenEMR project. I think it is a good cause to subscribe to keep improving OpenEMR.

After I upgrade to 5.0.2 version, does OpenEMR has everything to work with Weno? (My system is already setup with WENO, and was working before January 2020). Or do I have to change the setup to make it work?

Pharmacies that are not yet connected to the WENO network receive a fax notification of new prescriptions. I think this is WENO’s way of looking out for the wellbeing of patients - trying to make sure the prescriptions get through to the pharmacies.