Weekly Conference Call

Actually I made this ICS file for people to attach this event to their calendars. It’s recurring up to October 2020. I will try to edit the wiki later and place it on the actual details page if that’s okay, but can’t currently create an accout due to error with SMTP server.

1 Like

@danielehrlich ,

Very nice! The more reminders we have, the better.

Regarding wiki, we need to manually create the accounts(since sourceforge shut down email access from the “project web” several months ago); setting one up for you now.

-brady

Hi Everybody,

This is a reminder of the next conference call this Saturday (tomorrow) at 11:00 am Pacific Time. More details on the call (ie. number to call etc.) can be found here:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Weekly_Conference_Call_Details

As usual, the agenda is wide open and the call is open to all.

thanks,
-brady
OpenEMR

Folks, I will be visiting the zoo. Have fun without me :slight_smile:

Quick notes for the 10/14/17 conference call

Attendees(hopefully I included everybody there):
Alfonso, Brady, Joyce, Robert, Sherwin, Stephen

1. Discussed the ongoing EDU project (https://edu.open-emr.org/) and Robert discussed possible use of OpenEMR by a large mission group.
  2. Alfonso discussed the situation in Puerto Rico (while driving around to find cell phone coverage and power up his cell phone!), where it looks like the power grid won’t be online for several more months! He reported that most of the OpenEMR instances he supports were up and running one day after the storm.
  3. Reviewed for Alfonso all the cool stuff that has been going on the OpenEMR community over last month (docker, appliance, AWS cloud, planning for next OpenEMR release, machine learning, etc.)
  4. Robert discussed plans for the VCU Hackathon which OpenEMR is participating in and is on 11/4-5.
  5. Discussed need for fundraising efforts for OEMR/OpenEMR and plan to work on improving Donation requests on the main web page.

Again, these are just quick, unofficial notes from memory.
-brady

1 Like

Hi Everybody,

This is a reminder of the next conference call this Saturday (tomorrow) at 11:00 am Pacific Time. More details on the call (ie. number to call etc.) can be found here:

1 Like

Hi all. I’ll be on the road with unreliable cell service so I won’t make the call today. Hope it is productive. Because I typically run through my updates during the call, I’ll list it here in case anyone is interested:

• OpenEMR Intelligent Chart Summarization (a.k.a. cTAKES project) is going well. I’m working on the document ingestion container and working with the wonderful cTAKES community on putting together an official MySQL-based cTAKES solution for custom dictionaries with millions and millions of records :slight_smile:.
  • Have been working with Lou to put together some Indiegogo campaigns. Put together some various ideas out there for a group of folks in our community to review. Sounds like Lou and I are going to focus on campaigns 1 and 3 for now. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Am working with Andre to get his AWS account back up for more QA testing (we’re having an issue with his account – should be easy to resolve really)
  • Working on the presentation slides with Andre
  • Going to pick back up with Joyce on more formally describing the requirements and vision of each roadmap project
  • Working with some really impressive people on the PACS project… looking into the various web viewers and how to handle “split views”. This project is very exciting with a lot of interest and I have a feeling that we’ll be launching a basic version in the next 3-4 months!
  • Meeting new folks in the community and helping them get started with the software and even some code (always a big pleasure).

-m

2 Likes

Quick notes for the 10/21/17 conference call

Alfonso, Brady, Joyce, Robert, John, Asher, Stephen

• Alfonso discussed the situation in Puerto Rico where it looks like the power grid won’t be available everywhere for perhaps up to one year from now! He reported that most of the OpenEMR instances he supports are still up and running!

• John and Asher provided updates on bringing OpenEMR to AWS marketplace. Matthew and/or Brady will run through the QA that is on the github wiki for the project under developer scratchpad as a final test. Hope to have it available next week! John also mentioned plans to work with Amazon marketing and partnership.

• Robert mentioned VCU Hackathon where OpenEMR is sponsoring a challenge he will be leading on 11/4-5. Joyce might be able to join him. Robert also mentioned long term plans of helping low resource areas use a supported version of OpenEMR.

Again, these are just quick, unofficial notes from memory, please edit where necessary.
-stephen (copied @brady.miller’s above template)

3 Likes

Hi Everybody,

Quick notes for the 10/28/17 conference call

Alfonso, Asher, Brady, Daniel, John, Matthew

Sorry, I waited too long to post this (if I don’t do this within a couple hours, I forget a lot :slight_smile: ), so not many details. The call was 90 minutes and we covered lots of cool things, though(if only I could remember them).

• Discussed status of several packages for AWS; in the end, we will likely be offering 4 packages ranging from very inexpensive simple option to an option with all the AWS service bells and whistles(and several options in between). Should have the first official package on Amazon Marketplace any day now.

• Matthew discussed the PACS project and data analytics projects he is working on.

• Discussed the EDU(education and research) project.

• Discussed if there would be use for an “Outreach Kit” (or another name) on dvd that contained the OpenEMR Appliance along with supporting docs/videos to allow use of OpenEMR in low resource areas with poor or no internet connectivity.

Again, these are just quick, unofficial notes from my poor memory, please feel free to edit.
-brady

1 Like

Thanks for the overview Brady. My only addition is the “Outreach Kit” can also serve as a general marketing kit (we can have both digital and physical versions). One good idea was we can hand it out at a conference booth!

1 Like

Hi Everybody,

Quick notes for the 11/4/17 conference call

Brady, Daniel, John, Matthew, Stephen

• Discussed that @robert.down is now representing OpenEMR and mentoring at the VCU Hackathon as we speak. Go @robert.down!!

• Discussed status of AWS packages which are getting closer to official release. Will likely be offering 4 packages ranging from very inexpensive simple option to an option with all the AWS service bells and whistles(and several options in between); 2 of these options will be available directly from the AWS Marketplace. btw, these AWS offering have literally taken a village to produce and will have a big impact in terms of making OpenEMR more accessible.

• Matthew discussed the cTAKES project which is now spanning several academic level collaborations.

• Discussed the PACS project and are planning to bring in a DICOM viewer very soon into OpenEMR (code is currently under review).

• Discussed the release of OpenEMR 5.0.1 which will hopefully be in about 8 weeks (still 2 major features and lots of bug fixes to deal with first).

• Discussed doing professional, recorded webinars for our AWS offerings (will serve as help resources for the non-IT users).

Again, these are just quick, unofficial notes from my poor memory, please feel free to edit.
-brady

1 Like

Hi Everybody,

Hey Tony

I’m looking to get in contact with your business development resource to set up a call and discuss opportunities to bring value to both your physicians and patients. Would you be able to put me in touch with that person?

Mark
ConnectiveRx

Hi Mark,

My name is Matthew Vita and I am one of the OpenEMR Project Administrators here. I would love to hear about these opportunities and any ideas you have for our system.

Please reach out to me at matthewvita48@gmail.com.

I look forward to chatting!

-m

Hi Everybody,

Quick notes for the 11/18/17 conference call

Alfonso, Asher, Brady, John, Matthew, Stephen

Another mere 90 minute conference call.

Discussed:

1. OpenEMR AWS packages
  2. OpenEMR in Puerto Rico
  3. Updating documentation and videos
  4. The incredible world of Dockers
  5. Making it easy for new developers to work in OpenEMR, git, and development environments
  6. Billing
  7. Ongoing user interface improvements

-brady

1 Like

Hi Everybody,

Quick notes for the 11/25/17 conference call

Asher, Brady, John, Robert

Another mere 90 minute conference call.

Discussed:

1. OpenEMR AWS packages.
  2. OpenEMR video documentation and video tutorials.
  3. FHIR.
  4. OpenEMR Data Analytics.

-brady