We created a way to capture digital signatures in OpenEMR

We have been helping organizations such as group homes, care facilities, and many other companies develop the tools needed to make their jobs easier. One is to help organizations tranfer from paper to computer. As it turns out, we discovered that while trying to integrate a signature pad for forms on a client’s website, we stumbled upon the fact the the code that myself and the developer at Robinson E Source (Brandon Robinson) created will work in OpenEMR in the forms sections. Not only does it capture written signatures, it allows any form in the system and even custom made forms to also be sided with hand written signatures using external signature pads. I am hoping that the developer at Robinson E Source is willing to give the code to developers. Even if they want to charge, I believe that this will eliminate the need for paper except for printing in OpenEMR.
Please give me some feedback and any ideas that I can present to get this in OpenEMR. I’m a new user and cannot upload a screen shot yet.

I’m not sure that capturing a signature would be a valid way of signing a form. My guess is it would have to be tied to the actual user logged in. Just my initial thoughts though, I could be completely wrong.

Thank you for your response Robert. The system uses the ESign module for capturing signatures. When a logged in user such as a behavioral health technician, they can create all the notes, forms, incident reports and much more and can now have multiple signatures on any form that was created. ESign still functions as normal and now it also shows the signature pad if they require a digital signature. When the user clicks the ESign button the pad appears for any form to be signed.