V6 does not load documents when clicking on the name

Situation
When clicking on the name of a document, I get a blank screen and a 500 request.
/controller.php?document&view&patient_id=55382&doc_id=412183&

When double-clicking on the picture icon, the document comes up in a modal OK.
/controller.php?document&retrieve&patient_id=55382&doc_id=412183&as_file=false

OpenEMR Version
6.0 with patch 1

Browser:
Latest version of chrome

Client OS
macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina)

Server Operating System
CentOS 7

Logs
[02-Jun-2021 08:55:29 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Document::get_url_web() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/emr/sites/default/documents/smarty/main/%%03^03C^03C69C53%%general_view.html.php:180
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/emr/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php(1270): include()
#1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/emr/controllers/C_Document.class.php(546): Smarty->fetch(’/home/xxxxxx…’)
#2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/emr/library/classes/Controller.class.php(137): C_Document->view_action(‘55382’, ‘412183’)
#3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/emr/controller.php(6): Controller->act(Array)
#4 {main}
thrown in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/emr/sites/default/documents/smarty/main/%%03^03C^03C69C53%%general_view.html.php on line 180

1 Like

Hi ya @midder
Either you missed an upgrade or ya aren’t truly on v6!

Was changed in v6 so maybe you are using an old compiled template. Try clearing smarty cache at main menu: Administration->Clinic->Calendar

I know I fixed this at some point since v5.0.2

@sjpadgett thanks for the note!

For sure on V6 (patch 1!).

I knew there was something with the smarty cache but I was just looking in the wrong place. I didn’t think to look under the clinic itself.

This fixed the issue. Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome, be safe!

Jerry,

On v6.0.0 (2) - Ubuntu 18.04
We’re getting weirdness with Patient / Documents not displaying inside OEMR on 3 different computers. Instead of opening in the Document Viewer they download when name is clicked.
Double clicking the file’s icon opens a blank window.
Nothing in the Apache error log related to this.

In the office on the local network; 1 laptop and 1 desktop (Ubuntu 20.04) only Intel processors
manifest this problem, All other AMD laptops and workstations also running FF v92 are fine.

However, my Win10 workstation at home (AMD processor) will also not display Patient Documents inside OEMR and it’s also on FF v92.

Been all over the forums, but no joy with clearing smarty and browser caches. Got any clues on this?

Be willing to bet they’re PDF documents. If openemr can’t open a document in right panel viewer then it will try to download.
I think there may be an issue with newer PDFs or possibly our PDF generations if they’re our generated PDFs.

Does the downloaded document open from OS?

Yes, you’d have won that bet. They are in PDF format.
Once downloaded using FireFox v92, they open fine on Win10 with both Libre Office and Adobe Reader as well as with Libre Office and the Document Viewer in Ubuntu. These documents are scanned to PDF using one of three Epson MFDs we have in the office or at home. My Win10 machine at home uses the Epson Scanner Driver that came with the ET-4760, but they are using VueScan (From Hamrick Software) with the ET-5500 and EpsonScan2 with the WF-4720.

OK, this is will restore the ability to open patient documents inside OpenEMR when using FireFox.

Open Settings in the Menu (Three horizontal bars in upper right corner, below the “Close - X”)
Type “PDF” into the “Find in Settings” window
In the “Applications” section, type “PDF” into the “Search file types or applications” window.
Select the "Portable Document Format (PDF) Line.
Under “Action”, Click the down arrow and select “Open in Firefox” from the menu.

That’s it.

1 Like