V5.0 Outlook Calendar templates and column widths

There is no way to create appointment templates on the Outlook calendar, e.g. dotted lines or shaded areas to delineate where appointments should be placed. To make up for this, I created fake providers and set their schedules up with Provider events called “45’ Slot” and “60’ Slot”. This created a guide for my Front Desk staff to use to create appointments for the real providers. (See attachment).
Prior to the v5.0 upgrade, the column width in the calendar was based on the size of the provider’s name. Using just 2 initials as the fake providers’ names allowed the 2 “template” columns to be fairly narrow and not consume a lot of calendar real estate.
Now that the v5.0 Outlook calendar sets all columns to an equal width, the fake provider columns are far wider and leave too little width for the real providers appointments to display completely.
Two questions:

1. Is there a better way to created templates for appointments than what I have done?
  2. Is there any way to set the column widths to be based on name size once again, like was done in v4.2.2?

Hi @ptalerico ,

Can’t you instead use IN/OUT to highlight the template that they should be using.

Also note there is an easy fix for the column 1 madness (hopefully this fix will go out into a patch soon):

-brady