V. 4.0.2.3 - how to upgrade to 5.0.1?

I utilize Linux Mint. Current database is on Mint 17 with 4.0.2.3 using PHP 5. We want to move to a new server and have held off due to the complexity in the past. We are now going to Linux Mint 18.3 5.0.1 using PHP 7.

Any advice would be deeply appreciated. I have read the wiki and find it somewhat thin on direct instructions. Any help would be appreciated. Ideally I would like to take the backup file from 4.0.2.3 and upgrade it and put it into 5.0.1

hi @mschap ,

Is your OS (Mint 17) using PHP 5.6 or something lower?

-brady

Sorry for the delay - it is using PHP 5
no number

Hello Brady:

I utilize Linux Mint. Current database is on Mint 17 with 4.0.2.3 using PHP 5. We want to move to a new server and have held off due to the complexity in the past. We are now going to Linux Mint 18.3 5.0.1 using PHP 7.

Any advice would be deeply appreciated. I have read the wiki and find it somewhat thin on direct instructions. Any help would be appreciated. Ideally I would like to take the backup file from 4.0.2.3 and upgrade it and put it into 5.0.1

The PHP is simply 5 with no number following.

Hi @mschap ,

To get the php version, go to commandline and type:
php --version

If it is using php version 5.6 , then would first try:

1. Upgrade to 5.0.1 on the 5.6 box
  2. Migrate the upgraded OpenEMR to your ubuntu 18.04 box

(btw, ensure you have a backup before proceeding with the upgrade)

-brady

Of course I have 5.5.9 on the machine.

Hi @mschap ,

Then would upgrade to 5.0.0 instead on the 5.5.9 box. Then migrate this to your Ubuntu 18.04 box(if this does not work, then you may need to go to a Ubuntu 16.04 box first). Then upgrade to 5.0.1.

-brady