Using Safari with OpenEMR on OSX 10.11.6

I can log onto OpenEMR with Safari. But I can’t complete the Create New Patient dialogue. The problems with Safari aren’t just cosmetic here, and it is clear that the recommendation to use Firefox rather than Safari with OpenEMR may be “more than just a guideline”! So my advice to the rare Mac newbies in the OpenEMR world is: Download Firefox immediately!!! All my best . . .

1 Like

Could you share which version of OpenEMR you are using and which version of Safari? I’d like to replicate.

I was able to successfully create a new patient using OpenEMR 5.0.0(1) on Safari 10.0

A new installation (not an upgrade from 4.2.2) of XAMPP 5.6.30-0 for OSX, with openemr-5.0.0 windows package, running on a 2015 Mac mini under a fresh installation of OSX 10.11.6.
Safari Version 9.1.3 (9537.86.7.8)

For what it’s worth, I was having problems with the Create New Patient dialog not saving the new patient information when using Firefox after upgrading from 4.2.2 to 5.0.0. I can’t recall if Safari didn’t work either but I think most probably not. In any event, the Firefox problem resolved after clearing the cache. Safari works now as well, as does Chrome (I believe). Both Safari and Firefox worked under all 4.x.x versions.