Using nicknames for questionnaires

I give a nickname to a questionnaire (admin/forms/forms administration) which works well, i then remove the nickname and all is well, i then give the nickname to a different questionnaire, or put it back with the original, and I get the on screen error message “Error Missing Form”.
Doing the same thing for Clinical forms seems to work ok.

I’m using OpenEMR version 7.0.3-dev

I’m using: firefox

I’m using: unbuntu

Did you search the forum for similar questions? yes

Did you check the logs? yes
Was there anything pertinent in them? no

the error appears to be thrown in …/…/patient_file/history/encounters.php, function initNewForm(flag = false) - but i haven’t looked any deeper than this.

You can’t do this with questionnaires because normal encounter forms are directory referenced. i.e. name = Snellen Form directory = snellen_form where form is called by directory so regardless what the form name is the directory form is called.
Whereas with questionnaires the directory is common to all questionnaire forms. So IOW, the directory hosts all forms by name.

I’m a little disappointed I didn’t consider this during development but I have been trying to keep this feature universal across all potential scopes assessments can be used and share these resources including FHIR.

I’ll see if I can come up with a compromise or at least disable allowing nicknames for questionnaires.

I really wish I had more interest in this feature from community but I can count on you Ruth to catch me with my pants down so to say!:slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks jerry, and i’m enjoying playing around with questionnaires!! we’ve realised we don’t need to use nicknames after all, as the name of the questionnaire is built into the json file, so there’s certainly no urgency from our point of view, but as i’d (mistakenly) thought it was a bug i reported it anyway. thanks for all your work on this.