User can't log on

I have a user who couldn’t log on. I changed the password as an administrator and he still can’t log on.

Hi @tjbarr, check the log after a failed attempt.

Thanks it was the last_updated date in the user_secured table.

1 Like

Now this is happening to me. What logs should I check. I can get in with my admin account but not my clinical id. I updated the password and still can’t get in. I also updated the last_updated in the user_secure table and still can’t log on.

hi @tjbarr, after you fail to login run this mysql command:
select * from log order by date DESC limit 10;

and then decode the base64 comments field to see the error that is related to the failed login in the log

Thanks. How do you decode the comments?

I tried a decoder and it is still unreadable.

try this site, https://www.base64decode.org/

I receive failure user stored pa for one admin account and empty username for the other account when checking the logs on the decoder site

hi @harmone75 , you’re receiving this message user stored password hash is invalid?

Well the decoder doesn’t display that full content, but i’m assuming you are right regarding that message

haven’t seen that before, have you tried setting the password to pass like this command does for username admin

UPDATE users_secure SET `password` = '$2a$05$MKtnxYsfFPlb2mOW7Qzq2Oz61S26s5E80Yd60lKdX4Wy3PBdEufNu' WHERE `username` = 'admin';

Thank you, that worked

1 Like