Invalid username or password

nice @Valana , after going to https://www.base64decode.org/ and plugging in ZmFpbHVyZTogNzEuMTgyLjE1My41OS4gdXNlciBwYXNzd29yZCBpcyBleHBpcmVk you can see

failure: <ip addr> user password is expired

so run this command at the mariadb prompt to undo the global checking for passwords expiring:

UPDATE `globals` SET `gl_value`='0' WHERE `gl_name` = 'password_expiration_days';
1 Like

Problem solved! Thanks Stephen.

1 Like

Hola Stephen, me pasa lo mismo, lo tengo instalado en Synology DS918+ (OS DSM 7), esto me pasa a mí: ZmFpbHVyZTogMTkyLjE2OC4xLjEyOC4gdXNlciBub3QgZm91bmQ= ¿Puedes ayudarme?
Mil gracias

hi @ralosan , when you decode that it says “no user found” so would make sure you’re trying to login with a valid user name.

Gracias por su pronta respuesta. Sí, pongo el usuario correcto. Este es el registro completo: | 13 2022-03-03 19:03:32 login login H00-admin-77 ZmFpbHVyZTogMTkyLjE2OC4xLjEyOC4gdXNlciBub3QgZm91bm… NULL 0 NULL open-emr NULL NUL

it’s not recognizing that user name

I have lost access to all of my admin account for some reason, when i run the SQL command to check for issues i receive empty username for one account, and user stored pa for the other account. Has anyone had a similar issue?

see if this helps @harmone75 , User can't log on - #5 by stephenwaite

Hello OpenEMR Community,
We’re a small charity running a non-profit community health clinic in the Philippines. Despite having limited IT experience, we successfully set up OpenEMR Cloud - Express Edition (version 7.0.1) on AWS, customizing it to meet our clinic’s requirements. The system has been crucial in managing our patient care and clinic operations.
Unfortunately, we’ve recently encountered the same issue described here and we’ve been locked out of our OpenEMR instance. We saw the fix suggested by Stephen, but we’re stuck because we don’t know how to work with mariadb or how to apply the fix on AWS.
Can anyone help us regain access to our system? We can offer a small reward for the support. Any help or guidance on how to resolve this issue would be immensely appreciated!

Stephen’s suggestion worked for me. You can copy the response he gave and send it to me. I could try to work you through it. Hopefully, I still remember how I did it.
Best
Chibuike

Thanks so much for the quick response, Chibuike!
Stephen’s response is quoted below. But we don’t really know how to run commands in mariadb since we’re noobs to OpenEMR (most of us are nurses with very basic understanding of coding) and have never had to use mariadb to get the Cloud Express package up and running. If there’s any way you can break down the process for us in super simple baby steps perhaps we can manage to get back in?
Thanks again,
Susanne

You need root access to the operating system. Do you have an IT/server manager? Who installed the OpenEMR for you guys?

Believe it or not, we somehow managed to install and run it ourselves without any IT manager, just by using the OpenEMR Wiki, User Manual and Community Support. We have root access to the EC2 instance. Can you guide us what to do next once we are in the MariaDB Command Prompt root@ip-XXX-XX-X-XX:/#
Thanks!

Can you run this command

MariaDB [openemr]> select * from log order by date desc limit 10;

The Cloud Express package on AWS runs in Docker containers, and uses MySQL, not MariaDB.

From the root command prompt on your EC2 instance, you will first want to enter the MySQL docker container:

docker exec -it $(docker ps | grep mysql | cut -f 1 -d " ") /bin/bash

Then connect to the MySQL database server:

mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u root -p;

Then switch to the OpenEMR database:

\u openemr

Then execute the SQL command:

select * from log order by date desc limit 10;

Thanks @snailwell
Stupid question: when connecting to the MySQL database server I’m prompted to enter a password which doesn’t seem to be the instance ID and I don’t recall having assigned any other password during installation… Any tips?

I had a teacher who told us: “There are no stupid questions. Stupid is the one who doesn’t ask.” If you just press enter?

:slight_smile: we did try that as well, but I’m afraid it doesn’t work either:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘127.0.0.1’ (using password: NO)

root@localhost, root@127.0.0.1 and root@% can have different passwords. Try localhost without passwords. If it still has an error, you can reset the password.
how to reset my root password in mysql docker image - Stack Overflow

UPDATE: turns out the default MySQL database server password for the Cloud Express package on AWS is ‘root’
Followed @snailwell 's steps, ran @stephenwaite 's command and voila…we’re back online!
Thanks so much to all for your advice and support!

1 Like