Use MDHT External Validation Service

Hello @stephenwaite,

I am trying to identify the use of Use MDHT External Validation Service in openemr but I couldnt find any source to know its benefits. How to get CCDA MDHT Validation API Server Address to fill in the admin->config page of open emr?

Thanks,

hi @deldev , I think that’s something @sjpadgett recently added.

Ok thank you. I will try to reach him.

Thanks @stephenwaite
@deldev I would not get too involved in using the external validation public endpoint unless you want to ensure strict conformance for CCDA imports and you’re doing a lot of imports!
I implemented internal validation(same results as the HealthIt/ONC validator) which I believe is turn on by default where you should get the same validation results which is shown in the CCDA import U.I. However you need to ensure you install the required dependencies from a command line. This is part of the CCDA setup documentented in the readme located in the openemr/ccdaservice directory.

Unfortunately this is not something I have figured out how to auto implement for straight server installs but trust me it is high on my todo list so you folks can have that capability from the get go umm so to speak.:- :slight_smile:
However I believe we have excellent docker solutions where I believe CCDA works after implementation.

Happy you’re interested in CCDA but I should warn, we are fairly strict on our validation and follow ONC certification requirements.

I hope this clarifies your question.

@stephenwaite thanks for the edit. While unintended, pretty funny though!

Thank you so much Jerry. Yes, I got your point.

You are welcome! I hope Openemr proves useful.