Upgrading Docker from 6.0.0 to 7.0.0

Is automatic upgrading of OpenEMR Docker installation supported when upgrading from 6.0.0 to 7.0.0?

Many thanks.

hi @rdh61 ,
Yes, it will. Check out the very bottom paragraph at this page Docker Hub for details on the auto ugprade.

2 Likes

Thank you @brady.miller

“This will only work if you have set a shared volume for the /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/sites directory (it will not work if either you didn’t set a shared volume or you set the shared volume to be the entire /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr directory).”

What does “set a shared volume” mean? To my knowledge I have not done that.

Can see it in the docker-compose.yml script (the aws packages and the example docker-compose.yml scripts create this shared volume). This line is an example from the example docker-compose.yml script that shows the shared volume: openemr-700-docker-example-docker-compose.yml · GitHub

Do I have to restore my backup after the upgrade or will my data be inserted there automatically?

Because after the upgrade when I search for a patient by surname I get this error message:

DataTables warning: table id=pt_table - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see 1. Warning: Invalid JSON response

no need to restore, what does your patient list columns show?

@stephenwaite

Like this…

I have found out that this error only happens when I use “Search with any demographics” at top right, but if I go to Patient → Search/New and search with that window, I get a result.

That solves my immediate problem, but perhaps it is good for you to know about this gremlin.

the upcoming patch will fix this