Upgrade to 5.0.1 failed

My upgrade to 5.0.1 from 5.0.0 patch 8 has failed. The database update file ‘sql_upgrade.php’ showed an empty screen in the browser. After checking all the variables and passwords I started debugging. Eventually I got stuck in the ‘RedisCache.php’ at the function call:

$redis->setOption(Redis::OPT_SERIALIZER, $this->getSerializerValue());

I could not move any further because I did not find the ‘setOption’ function in the Redis class. There is only a ‘setOptions’ one with a different set of parameters.

Do I get something wrong here? What can be a reason for the database update failure? Are there any new prerequisites for 5.0.1 installation? I have php 7.0 installed on my aws linux server with all required modules.

@alexvolin Anything useful from the logs?

@brady.miller have you seen any other reports of this? I haven’t.

hi @alexvolin,

In addition to what you see in the PHP error logs, would also be good to know your operating system and which OpenEMR package (also, was it one of the AWS OpenEMR packages?)?

-brady

We are using plain and simple Amazon Linux AMIs (now version 2018.03) with all necessary software installed manually (using ssh / WinSCP) including OpenEMR. No any AWS OpenEMR packages have been used. I’ve been doing it since 2013 and there were no any of them back then. And now I made sort of a Manual of my own as a guide how to do it from scratch. If anybody is interested I can share (need some time to edit and prepare it though).

The PHP error log looks quite ugly. Sorry for a long printout but I think it’s important.

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: reponse in /var/www/html/openemr/sql_upgrade.php on line 26
PHP Notice: Undefined index: translate_no_safe_apostrophe in var/www/html/openemr/library/translation.inc.php on line 46
PHP Notice: Undefined index: translate_no_safe_apostrophe in /var/www/html/openemr/library/translation.inc.php on line 46
PHP Warning: Redis::connect(): connect() failed: Connection refused in /var/www/html/openemr/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Tools/Setup.php on line 149

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught RedisException: Redis server went away in /var/www/html/openemr/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php:48\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/openemr/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php(48): Redis->setOption(1, 2)\n#1 /var/www/html/openemr/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Tools/Setup.php(153): Doctrine\Common\Cache\RedisCache->setRedis(Object(Redis))\n#2 /var/www/html/openemr/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Tools/Setup.php(72): Doctrine\ORM\Tools\Setup::createConfiguration(false, ‘/tmp’, Object(Doctrine\Common\Cache\RedisCache))\n#3 /var/www/html/openemr/common/database/Connector.php(166): Doctrine\ORM\Tools\Setup::createAnnotationMetadataConfiguration(Array, false, NULL, NULL, false)\n#4 /var/www/html/openemr/common/database/Connector.php(67): OpenEMR\Common\Database\Connector->createConnection()\n#5 /var/www/html/openemr/common/database/Connector.php(82): OpenEMR\Common\Database\Connector->__construct()\n#6 /var/www/html/openemr/services/VersionServic in /var/www/html/openemr/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php on line 48

As you can see there is a fatal error at the point that I have reached while debugging the code. Is it possible you think that lack of the other reports may be explained by absence of the error messages on the screen when sql_upgrade.php failed to upgrade the database?