Upgrade resulted in a calendar issue

I upgraded from 5.0.2 to 6.0.0 on Ubuntu Linux 20.04.

On Friday I ran a backup using the admin backup tool from my PROD environment which was still on 5.0.2. I then did a restore test in the QA environment which was also running 5.0.2. After the restore, following the documented instructions, both environments looked and worked identical. At that point, I did the upgrade in the QA environment following the documented instructions with a database upgrade. After which, the QA environment looked great.

After stakeholder review and approval I did the upgrade of the PROD environment over the weekend following the same documented instructions. Everything is working well with one exception:

In the Calendar view tab, the tab is rendered with a title of “Unknown”, the hamburger menu button does not appear, the Plus and hourglass buttons do not have styling (they only show the icon), and the Day Week Month buttons lack styling. Also the Calendar and Providers list is now floating on the left with some strange z-order issue where things are overlaying each other.

In the developer tools there is an error that the page failed to load resource ajax_calendar.css

In the apache log files, I get these entries:
[Tue Jan 19 16:43:39.412910 2021] [php7:notice] [pid 61115] [client 127.0.0.1:56747] PHP Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/www/openemr-6.0.0/src/Menu/MainMenuRole.php on line 68, referer: http://openemr.qa.internal.harmonyhealthmedical.com/interface/login/login.php?site=default

[Tue Jan 19 16:43:40.420973 2021] [php7:notice] [pid 61115] [client 127.0.0.1:56747] PHP Notice: Undefined index: pc_username in /var/www/openemr-6.0.0/interface/main/calendar/modules/PostCalendar/pnuser.php on line 71, referer: http://openemr.qa.internal.harmonyhealthmedical.com/interface/main/tabs/main.php?token_main=eDM84gkhTedfbJvLkYLM5g05mM4PUSKnpEo8EGxB

I should add that if I install a plain-vanilla copy of 6.0.0 it works fine. It is only when I try to migrate the data that I get a problem.

I would appreciate any thoughts and what may be causing this problem.

Thanks

Try deleting your compiled smarty templates.
Administration->Clinic->Calendar then Clear Smarty Cache

1 Like

Sir, you are a wonderful human being!! Thanks that fixed the problem.

You’re welcome. Have a good day.

Amazing!! I got to love this forum!

1 Like

Apologies for the necro bump, but I have this exact issue. The Week and Month views work fine, but the Day view is bugged as per the OP.

Clearing the cache doesn’t appear to fix the issue. Where might these compiled templates be, that I can check they are gone? Thanks!

EDIT: Finally figured this out. Probably some kind of permissions issue, so I just

sudo rm -rf <openemr root>/sites/default/documents/smarty/main/*

This of course means that when I “cleared the smarty cache”, it reported a success even though it didn’t actually do anything, perhaps that should be fixed