Upgrade 6.0.0 - documentation for DB only upgrade from 5.0.2p to 6.0.0

Situation
I have an OpenEMR Cloud (AWS) STANDARD test system with all the changes required to migrate from 5.0.2 to 6.0.0 except for the database upgrade. Is there a way I can do only the database upgrade (part of a script that I can use maybe)? Or maybe there is documentation of what the database changes of the upgrade are?

If necessary, I could “brute force this” by creating a 6.0.0 system and performing a diff on the schema of the database of 5.0.2p5 and 6.0.0 systems and then manually make changes to the 5.0.2p5 to transform the database into the design required by 6.0.0 – I would REALLY rather not have to use this brute force method.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.2p5 to 6.0.0

Operating System
I’m using: Ubuntu 16/AWS gnu rev 4.4

RBL

The database changes are found in the openemr/sql/5_0_2-to-6_0_0_upgrade.sql file.

It uses some code syntax to execute the functions checking if a file exists or not. The file that executes the different commands (the ones that start with a hash (’#’) such as #IfMissingColumn are here: openemr/library/sql_upgrade_fx.php

I think the slowest part of the upgrades are the generation of the Universal Unique Identifiers (UUIDs) in the system.

2 Likes