Unable to login after new install

What PHP version are you using?

PHP 8.0.13 (cli) (built: Nov 16 2021 21:58:37) ( ZTS Visual C++ 2019 x64 )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.0.13, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies

Helooo…?? :slight_smile:

Should I try something else, or just go for a re-install? Also, any idea why I wasn’t able to login in the first place? Is it a bug, or just a freak accident from my side? I want to make sure I haven’t messed up anything during install, and if I did, avoid doing that next time.

@magnetar47 ,
Rec. trying a full reinstall. Also, on your next post, let us know if using mariadb or mysql and which version.

Alright, I’ll reinstall. I’m using MariaDB bundled with XAMPP:

Server version: 10.4.22-MariaDB mariadb.org binary distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Uh… how do I reinstall OpenEMR though? Shall I just re-run the installer? Or should I delete OpenEMR in Apache/htdocs and re-extract?

hi @magnetar47 , easy to find some guidance online. Maybe you’d be interested in running the openemr docker on windows 11?

Before doing reinstall if not too late, try running sql_upgrade.php from browser.(as if doing normal upgrade)
Sometimes on install the GACL will error and running update will fix…

1 Like

That article details the reinstallation process of XAMPP, and not OpenEMR. I have no idea about web servers and/or deployment, but wouldn’t it suffice to just re-install OpenEMR?

I’ll look into the idea. I’m just trying to explore the feasibility of self-hosting an EMR solution. Do you personally suggest using Docker for hosting OpenEMR? Do you think I’d be able to manage OpenEMR administration easier with Docker?

The error I pointed out in this comment is preventing me from running sql_upgrade.php at the moment.

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1044): Access denied for user 'openemr'@'localhost' to database 'openemr' in D:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\ADODB_mysqli_log.php on line 191

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mysqli_query(): Argument #1 ($mysql) must be of type mysqli, bool given in D:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php:788 Stack trace: #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php(788): mysqli_query(false, 'SET NAMES 'utf8...', 0) #1 D:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\adodb.inc.php(1263): ADODB_mysqli->_query('SET NAMES 'utf8...', false) #2 D:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\adodb.inc.php(1241): ADOConnection->_Execute('SET NAMES 'utf8...', false) #3 D:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\ADODB_mysqli_log.php(60): ADOConnection->Execute('SET NAMES 'utf8...', false) #4 D:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\sql.inc(53): ADODB_mysqli_log->ExecuteNoLog('SET NAMES 'utf8...') #5 D:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\interface\globals.php(268): require_once('D:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #6 D:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\sql_upgrade.php(44): require_once('D:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #7 {main} thrown in D:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php on line 788

I’ll just proceed with the reinstallation, I suppose. :frowning:

hi @magnetar47, would reinstall xampp and openemr. Xampp is prob easier to get up and going than docker but not so far :slight_smile:

Sorry, don’t mean to intervene however, xampp can be a pain to reinstall so I wouldn’t.
Just reinstall openemr by first overwriting your htdoc openemr folder with download. Also be aware of setting up on a drive other than c: and ensure all your environment variables are set up. Should be if xampp was installed correctly.

2 Likes

Right, got it. Thanks. I suppose we could look into Docker later down the line, if we find this platform to be suitable for our purpose. :slight_smile:

Okay, so XAMPP is easier to reinstall than Docker, but just re-installing OpenEMR is easier. Understood. I’ll start with just re-installing OpenEMR, and see if it fixes this issue.

I initially installed XAMPP in D: to keep it separate from the system partition, in case of occasions when I have to re-install the OS, losing all data in the partition. Do you think I’d have a lesser chance of encountering these troubles if I install XAMPP in C:?

1 Like

Alright, I’m back after re-installing OpenEMR (including the SQL DB). I’ve gone through the setup very carefully, and at the login screen, I enter the correct credentials. Here’s what I got this time around:

Log
failure: ::1. user not in any phpGACL groups

It’s the exact same problem all over again. :laughing:

But since I’m facing the exact same problem after a fresh (re-)install, I think this has something to do with how things are setup in my case specifically. Shall I try installing XAMPP in C, for a start?

Tried installing XAMPP in C: - no luck. I’m having the exact same problem. Could it be that the PHP version bundled with XAMPP isn’t compatible with OpenEMR? Shall I try XAMPP/PHP 8.0.14 instead of 8.1.1?

hi @magnetar47 ,
PHP 8.1 will definitely not work with OpenEMR 6.0.0 . PHP 8.0 should work, but I would instead recommend trying xampp that is bundled with PHP 7.4 .

Ahh, I see. Good to know. I’ll try XAMPP with PHP 7.4 then. Thanks for pointing that out. :slight_smile:

Bad news. I’m getting the same error on XAMPP/PHP 7.4.27 (I’ve double-checked both the error and the PHP version). Shall I try an older version of OpenEMR too?

I hate to say this, but I’m losing confidence even before I’ve seen the homepage. :worried:

Is this xampp bundled with the same mariadb version?

Looks like it is indeed the same version:

Server version: 10.4.22-MariaDB mariadb.org binary distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

EDIT: Can I help with trouble-shooting by providing more info of any kind?

hi @magnetar47, can you access phpmyadmin that was installed with xampp? Wondering if using the root user will get around whatever’s going on with the openemr user.

You should be able to set a root password and then use root and that password in web root/openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php.

Yes, I can access phpmyadmin. I’m using it to browse through the DB to the logs.

I have set a root password, but the URL takes me to a blank white page. Is that a login page where I’m supposed to enter the root credentials?